Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Samsung garbage

(Topic created: 12-11-2021 08:19 AM)
Finn1068
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Note 20 Ultra $1300 outdated in 6 months. 
UI4 beta is unavailable for this $1300 piece of garbage! But only my phone, my boss got beta on her Note 20, no problem, and the answer I got from the floor supervisor is they only released it to a certain number of people, I was attempting to download it 3 day before my boss, so that answer was **bleep** and their employees don't know what is going on with their updates, I have completely lost faith in Samsung and I am going to switch to either a Apple or Google phone, anyone have any suggestions on which I should go with?

0 Likes
11 Replies
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Latest Google Pixel or an iPhone 11 (or newer) are good options. Not sure what's going on with Samsung lately. Everything was good until One UI 4
0 Likes
Virgo87
Comet
Options
Discussions
Samsung only giving the beta to unlocked note 20 ultra phones and next month we will get the stable update
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Why do you want to run beta software? I have that phone and only problem is their software server is slow and in some cases buggy. But the phone itself is a dream. I don't have to think about it functioning it just does. And I get 3 days battery life.
0 Likes
Finn1068
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
3 days battery life?? We must have different phones! I just know that I paid more for my Note 20 Ultra than people paid for their S21's, yet my software is outdated and I am waiting 3 extra months for a stable version?? Feels like I am a second rate customer to Samsung 9 months after spending $1300 on a telephone that they have discontinued! The S21 was based off the Note 20 software and is basically the Note 20 with a camera upgrade and no dedicated S pen. So while I agree that the phone is awesome, the customer care is not, instead of figuring out what was wrong, they lied to me, that doesn't produce a lot of faith in a company, and while the phone is great, the software sucks! I mean there is Google, Siri and Alexa, you never hear of Bixby. Samsung never caught up with Apple on quality and now Google producing their own tensor chip set and more powerful camera software is pushing Samsung to 3rd with Xi catching up fast!
0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Discussions
As long as you are getting security updates why are you even concerned about an overall mostly skin update? For me I'm tired of updating it. Got at least 30 app updates in the Galaxy Store app too update. Then I get monthly security updates. The phone works fine. I use it without thinking about it. All the features work. If you want to chase the market buy a new phone every cycle and trade in last years model. I keep my phones on average 5 years until they pay me. I have a $1300 phone too but am not complaining about the experience. It works as advertised. I rather they get those updates right then be fast about it. Which would disrupt usage.
0 Likes
jegsurf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I agree. This is the 3rd time I've bought a Samsung phone and I've been disappointed every time.
https://youtu.be/jh9FuwmYI10
0 Likes
PoliticsMan
Nebula
Options
Discussions
I went with unlock to get timely updates...but it looks like it made no difference....
There are too many variant firmwares....
Sammy get your act together
0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Discussions
OK, I get it this is about Apple. You need to keep up cause Forbes magazine says iPhone has no privacy or security. And Facebook and Instagram is still scrapping everything you do on it whether you turn it on or off. That was in Tech Republic, Zdnet, and other tech magazines. Marketwatch and Yahoo Finance says Israelis were also scrapping everything you do on iPhone.
0 Likes
EeGcMstiT
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
If you were trying to get the beta, they only offer it to unlocked devices, and carrier locked on Tmobile. So if your boss has an unlocked decive(or her service is Tmobile) that is why she got the beta and you didn't. If you have an unlocked device, or are on Tmobile and didn't get the beta, chances are that it filled up before you could get in. They do only have a limited number of spots available, it is on a first come first serve basis. The official stable version of UI4 for the Note 20s will be out sometime next month.