cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Samsung's new partnership with META is a terrible deal for end users.

(Topic created: 08-20-2022 08:32 AM)
Shrekopher
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Samsung should ends its relationship with META as soon as possible.

Marketing Samsung devices as secure device with industry leading encryption then allowing a partnership with a company like META is counter productive and shady. 

Samsung devices used to come pre-installed with Facebook and the community had an uproar about not being able to uninstall the application, now just a few years later they are at it again with the foldable devices. 

THIS NEEDS TO STOP. NOW. 

If I am paying $1k for a device I do not want some 3rd party having access to anything on it out of the box. It's clearly a money grab by Samsung and as a long time customer it is discouraging. 
10 Replies
Tom6068
Supernova
Options
Discussions
Where does that apply to the device? I have no instance of Facebook or Meta on my phone.
0 Likes
productfred
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
It comes with a stub to download Facebook (meaning a shortcut). And if you go into Settings -> Apps and show system apps, you'll see several Facebook services running 24/7 that are hidden from the user. You can disable them with no ill effects, but they're not exposed to the user under normal conditions.
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
probably better posted over in the Members forum, since this has nothing to do with the beta.
Options
Discussions
Agreed
DD7227
Halo
Options
Discussions
The deal is simply based around the same deal they made with Snapchat last year. It's helps improve features but while it is a topic or subject people should know about it isn't beta related.
Options
Discussions
I'm permanently banned from Facebook, so I don't want that trash in my phone. 😂
egor0128
Comet
Options
Discussions
All I can say is they are all bad I use none of them
0 Likes
maddoggin
Halo
Options
Discussions
My first run with Samsung galaxy phones was the nexus s and I've been using galaxy devices ever since. Facebook has increased its grips on galaxy phones over the years there's now about 5 or 6 apps total in the system that the user has no access to remove or disable unless you use adb to remove apps. If samsung doesn't change this and at least allow the user to be able to remove these apps I'll be going back to aosp and buy me a Google pixel phone! I'm not impressed with the camera either. Too much money for a phone like this!
Philosophics
Comet
Options
Discussions
This has nothing to do with the beta
0 Likes