Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Scene optimizer has been gone since beta

(Topic created: 10-25-2021 02:32 PM)
Options
Discussions
So the scene optimizer has been gone since beta. Cleared camera cache, phone cache. Normally it's in the right hand corner of the screen. I see the option in the settings. Is it just automatically applied now. Before their would be icons like a cat for pets or a house for home pictures. 

9 Replies
Options
Discussions
Sorry for the double post. Noticed someone earlier asked about this. Can we get the icon in the corner back.
0 Likes
SpenJo
Star
Options
Discussions
Maybe just the option to turn the icon on or off.
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
The scene optimizer button appears in image mode when there's low light, landscape, or when scanning a doc
0 Likes
SHAK1R
Comet
Options
Discussions
It was always there... no matter what you were taking!
0 Likes
XerxesN
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I believe this is Samsungs attempt at simplifying the UI, akin to the iOS standard of "it just works".

The idea is that the camera is doing scene optimization in the background without you having to see a bunch of icons, etc.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Hitmanblood ,

This is new UI 4.0 concept, the icon only be shown when scene detected, like text, flower etc..

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
Laser-x
Constellation
Options
Discussions

maybe, but it detects nothing anymore! except documents an nightshot, no flower, no animal no nothing and basicaly I dont care, but for sunset sunrise its a real pain in the but as you have to switch to pro everytime to be able to get a more or less ok shot with alot of tweaking and it was so simple (and working) with the previous version. Let ME chose what I want to photograph if you dumb AI doesn't get it. this is simply not working(yet?) and nobody need it, its much better to be able to override AI so that the camera does what it should just as prior to the update!

0 Likes
Members_F2VplSq
Constellation
Options
Discussions

Ummm that would be NO.

It's not working.  Point the camera at food and nothing happens. (side note - it also used to ask if you want to switch to food mode). Point at a plant and nothing.

Mine started happening immediately after I upgraded the phone...so I'm gonna guess it's gone forever...

0 Likes
Members_F2VplSq
Constellation
Options
Discussions

My above post was in reply to:

Members_F2VplSq_0-1698429574857.png

Beta Moderator
OPTIONS
Discussions

Hello @Hitmanblood ,

This is new UI 4.0 concept, the icon only be shown when scene detected, like text, flower etc..

Regards
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes