Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Scheduled Auto Restart

(Topic created: 09-16-2023 06:23 AM)
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
So glad that Samsung brought the scheduled Auto Restart.

Worked great!

11 Replies
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Discussions
Scheduled restart has been a part since android 12 but glad you found the feature but I dont use it as once it reboots on its own, you won't receive any notifications or see who's calling you until you unlock the screen and then relock it.
0 Likes
Dakuanb
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
It has but it kinda disappeared into auto start is what I think the writer ment
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Discussions
Auto start is for sure new but i had that on my Quest2 and annoyed The **bleep** out of me lol. I go to put it on and it was already on and half the battery dead with My extended battery already dead. I ended up turning that feature off but it's a little different with your cell phone as it's a device you pretty much use all the time. So I could see it for some user to be a great feature to be able to shut your phone off at night have it on the charger and when you wake up your phone's on and fresh ready to go. 💪
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
Correct. One UI 5 removed the option to schedule.
JRMartinez
Nebula
Options
Discussions
I concur
0 Likes
JustinS1981
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I'm glad they brought it back also!! I was pretty annoyed when they did away with it there for a short time.
Options
Discussions
Did your alarm still go off after the scheduled restart?
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
I actually turned my alarm off.
Will have to run another experiment and let you know.
I think it will though.
0 Likes
userlQcCM1wRc8
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
Tried it this morning. The device rebooted at 3AM, scheduled time. Alarm sounded at the scheduled time and had access to alarm screen to snooze or turn off.

Phone is locked other than the alarm access, you would need to enter your security code to get into the phone.

All other notifications are present. Phone is fully rebooted and functioning in the background.

Recommend you try on a day that you don't have an important appointment, work, or a flight to catch.
Just to be sure all is working for your phone as it should.