Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Speech to text issues

(Topic created: 08-24-2022 12:37 AM)
Res9999
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
When using Google speech to text on Samsung keyboard the mic shuts of several times. It is so bad I quit using it.  Anyone else having this issue?
0 Likes
5 Replies
Hitmanls3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Yes. No fix yet that im.aware
0 Likes
Whtman88
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I use Gboard and the mic works good since the last Gboard update. I am in the beta of Gboard as well
0 Likes
RyanSr
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Perhaps clear the cache. Mine works fine. In fact I used it to reply
EsteLocoTeMira
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Had same issue.. I wouldn't be surprised if it officially didn't work "unofficially".. I also use gboard now with no problems. I've had problems in the past with other keyboards in general and google speech services.. If u r a diehard, u can try turning on background mobile data for the keyboard and speech services. Also unrestrict the battery for anything affiliated with TTS, keyboard and or the mic .. Somtimes it's the internet connection also.. it times out.. you're going to use Google TTS I recommend gboard anyway, which isn't a loss to Samsung really.. Im going more Samsung lately after rooting many years..
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello ,
Thank you for your feedback.

Please try the suggestions provided by other users in this post.  If the issue persists, please update Samsung Members app to latest version from the Galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes