Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Stable 3.0 available for Unlocked Devices

(Topic created: 12-21-2020 08:56 AM)
SBoogie
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Stable 3.0 have started being pushed to unlocked devices as of this morning. Still currently waiting for mines
11 Replies
Biged1218
Halo
Options
Discussions
nothing here yet either
usercOL45TxVJU
Constellation
Options
Discussions
If I remember correctly, last year it was weeks later before Samsung pushed the update to get people off of the beta after everyone had got the update. Samsung sure knows how to treat their customers.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your post. The stable version will be available soon, so please keep an eye out for the update. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

DominicNikon
Comet
Options
Discussions
I think that the stable build is still released by your carrier on unlocked phones?
0 Likes
Flexte
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
That doesn't make sense. It's an unlocked phone so what does my carrier have to do with it?
Smadison
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Unlocked phones don't have carrier software so they wouldn't get the updates from them. Our phone updates come directly from samsung
DominicNikon
Comet
Options
Discussions
that makes sense but I'm sure I heard a samsung employee say that carriers gave the update because we use there sim cards lol
0 Likes
Smadison
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Nope sim cards determine the network, all the carrier does is provision your use of an unlocked phone on it. Your software is pointed towards samsung severs which is how you got on beta to start...also how you get a majority of Normal updates a lot earlier than carriers
0 Likes
ChicagoxMade
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
nothing for me