Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Standard or adaptive

(Topic created: 09-02-2023 07:28 AM)
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Discussions
Do you prefer standard or adaptive motion smoothness for color display and why?
Adaptive uses 120hz and more battery, but how much battery where as standard uses 60hz and less battery. I've noticed that when in adaptive mode colors seem to be more brighter and clearer but at the expense of way more battery consumption. Standard mode uses less battery but colors look bland. Whats your thoughts?
0 Likes
7 Replies
Dakuanb
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Even in natural my phone still uses 120hz 🤔. But I use vivid with one tick towards cool
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Discussions
I need to edit as i explained this wrong. I meant motion smoothness changes the refresh rate. 120hz on adaptive and 60hz on standard.
0 Likes
Dakuanb
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Ahh. I use adaptive, to answer your question 😂
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Discussions
Right on, i have it set to standard with vivid mode one notch to the cool. I had it on adaptive but that was definitely power hungry and noticed significant battery consumption so i went back to standard. On my Quest2 i use 120hz and it works great on the visuals but it doesn't consume the battery like im seeing here but the quest has a bigger battery in comparison. 🤷
DeltaBravo94
Comet
Options
Discussions
I've used the adaptive motion setting day one onward, so I don't have a usage comparison. I'm pairing this with the natural color setting. Mine's looking fine in my opinion. Chosen because I used similar settings on the Motorola Edge 2021 I had beforehand.
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Discussions
I noticed battery was draining faster on adaptive, i went back to standard and it makes a big difference on battery. Idk if its a bug or thats just how it is as i use 120hz on my Oculus but it has a bigger battery so haven't noticed a difference there as i do here. 🤔
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
Thank you for your Feedback. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes