Suggestions

(Topic created: 08-18-2023 01:35 AM)
Keatonkg360
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
1. Return widgets to it's previous size and dimensions from one ui 5

2. Text or font needs to be sleeker and less strained

3. Bring back zoom in and out wallpaper on the home screen when opening and closing an app

4. Keep fade in lock screen wallpaper animation when turning on the phone (so cool) 

5. Bring back lock screen animations

6. Bring back customization of edge lighting

7. New dialer screen and call background wallpaper

That's all I got so far. It seems this one ui 6 still lacks customization options. It's too simple overall
7 Replies
Jay3578
Nebula
Options
Discussions
I agree with you on One UI 6 lacking customizations; I honestly think what we've got so far is underwhelming.

BTW, what did you mean by 1 and 6? As far as I know, most widgets still look and behave the same with the exception of the weather one.
The clock (why can't we use the same options that already exist for the lockscreen?), calendar widget is SO dull. Not even a hint of color. I know this is the first beta, but knowing Samsung, and having participated in many betas before, very little is to change in the future betas. I think Samsung has been playing it very safe and is missing a major opportunity to revamp the entire One UI and add color (the whole point of Android since Android 12!). I hope I'm dead wrong on this.
0 Likes
Keatonkg360
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
So for number 1 notice the difference between one ui 5 and now. The widgets and icons is just bloated
Screenshot_20230818_041503_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230818_041530_Gallery.jpg
Jay3578
Nebula
Options
Discussions
Oh, I see what you mean. I honestly prefer the new approach to "padding" (I think that's what it's called). It'll be nice if there was a way to choose or customize as you wish.
Keatonkg360
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Also number 6 we used to be able to change the colors of edge lighting to our choosing no matter the app but now that option is gone. I guess I'm more of having customizations and something fresh but so far it feels dull and business like. If I wanted that I would've kept my blackberry lol
0 Likes
Jay3578
Nebula
Options
Discussions
It must be bug then because mine is working. I agree with you on this!
0 Likes
axguo2k
Halo
Options
Discussions
Personally I much prefer the new larger size of app icons in One UI 6. Wasn't really fan of how small the apps were in One UI 5, there was too much space between apps.

It would be better if they could give us the option to choose app icon sizing according to our own preferences.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.
Please use the latest Samsung Members app to submit an error report (Samusng Members > One UI Beta Program > Beta Feedback > Error Report.

Note: To ensure relevant log information is included in the error report, submit the report within 3 minutes of encountering the bug or error, and do not terminate (swipe away) the Samsung Members application until you are notified that the report has been sent. This can take up to 5 minutes.

- To provide UX or UI-related feedback, such as usability or feature suggestions, select "Beta community > Suggestions" in the Beta recruitment notice of Samsung Members app.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes