Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Thoughts on beta stabillity/usability

(Topic created: 09-24-2023 02:22 PM)
Kiraji
Halo
Options
Discussions
So I've seen a lot of people here have had issues with the beta i.e constant crashing/ rebooting, connectivity issues app optimization issues and so on but my expirence with betas has been alright. I participated in one ui 5 beta and now one ui 6 with only minor to moderate bugs and so far I'm liking the new changes and stabillity of beta 4, it has run smoothly for me at least. Is there an explanation for why some are having a lot of issues with their device and for others it runs with little issue ?

24 Replies
Caxcan
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
My only main complaint is swiping down to see notifications doesn't always work. It's annoying.
Options
Discussions
Beta 4 for me is almost perfectly usable, I have a few apps that crash sometimes, like the F1 app, but that is a buggy mess anyways. My home screen sometimes disappears, but other than that the beta is pretty good
MarkChang
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
If I had to rank them from worst to best. Beta 4 has been the absolute worst for me so far with beta 1 being the next worst. Beta 2 and beta 3 were solid for me with no complaints outside of WiFi Calling not working, which is working again for me in beta 4. After updating to beta 4, the device was very unresponsive to the point where I couldn't even get the screen to wake or turn on for almost a minute. That was the only time I ever experienced that and it only happened once.

My device is on the U1 firmware though and I have animation speeds set to half a second each, which solved the UI lag in beta 1 for me. Beta 4 has made my device feel warmer than normal at times but nothing I would call hot. It's a beta! Whether your device is running smooth, completely unusable, or somewhere in between. This is what we signed up for! The troubleshooting and reporting issues and submitting those logs goes a long way in helping the final release be a better experience for everyone.
TAAH8
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I have the s23 ultra, which I have loved. With the Beta, the past 2-3 days I have started having terrible connectivity issues on both mobile & wifi networks. It is super annoying.
I have reported it in the feedback/ error reports thing. Hopefully they fix it ASAP. Having to keep switching what I am connected to or using for service every few minutes is annoying.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback.

If you encounter any issues, please use the latest Samsung Members app to submit an error report (Samusng Members One UI Beta Program Beta Feedback Error Report.

Note: To ensure relevant log information is included in the error report, submit the report within 3 minutes of encountering the bug or error, and do not terminate (swipe away) the Samsung Members application until you are notified that the report has been sent. This can take up to 5 minutes.

- To provide UX or UI-related feedback, such as usability or feature suggestions, select "Beta community Suggestions" in the Beta recruitment notice of Samsung Members app.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team