Did you mean: 

Original topic:

USB-C Port

(Topic created: 11-12-2021 02:20 PM)
TheFamilyMan
Comet
Options
Discussions
Beside charging and using for my Earphones I cannot for the life of me get the USB-C Port to recognize my Samsung Multi-Port Adapter. Even with a Charging Cable plugged in for power still nothing is recognized.

Other users apparently have access to USB Settings, I do not even though I'm running Beta 4. This is verified after a search of my device.

If this forum is strictly for S21 Ultra 5G Beta Testing (which I believe it may be) how do other users have access to any USB Settings while I obviously do not?

I'm including a screenshot from the user who apparently has access to these USB Settings I'm searching for.

I am simply trying to use my Multi-Port Adapter, my SAMSUNG MULTI-PORT ADAPTER with a microSDXC Card attached to a USB Reader to transfer files and backup family pictures and other data.

I'm desperate to solve this issue and would appreciate any and all help available. THANK YOU.

0 Likes
4 Replies
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
This is not just for Ultra phones.

I have the S21 Unlocked ... my husband has the Ultra Unlocked, and we are both obviously running beta.

There is a pop-up that is displayed (though not always) when plugging into a device ... it's the screenshot you show.

I'm sure hubby will be along to comment (working on one of his motorcycles now), since he's more familiar with this.

To be clear ... you've never seen that pop-up?
TheFamilyMan
Comet
Options
Discussions
no not once, even before I joined this Beta. I had a Note20 Ultra 5G and never received a pop-up either but it did recognize a USB drive connected via cable. Phone dropped (while listening to music and cutting the grass of all things) and the screen shattered so I ended up just grabbing the S21 Ultra 5G Unlocked.

I always buy Samsung Unlocked Devices.

Since the day I received this device and joined the Beta Program it's never acknowledged an input. It charges and I use the port with Shure 846 Earphones, which sound absolutely amazing, but nothing else is recognized. Go figure.

I'd REALLY appreciate the help solving this puzzle!
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Please erase the device cache using steps below. If issue persists, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Side key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Side key to restart the device.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
userC5OyzMm3mS
Constellation
Options
Discussions

I tried this but my phone still can't see my usb drive when i attach it to my phone.

How do i fix this?

I want to transfer files to my phone but it just doesn't see the drive when i attach to my phone,

0 Likes