cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Galaxy

Unlocked S20 Series - RCS

Does anyone have RCS working with Samsung messages? I am able to enable RCS via a dialer code but can't seem to get chat to work. I don't know if it's because of the beta or if it just doesn't work 
15 REPLIES 15
Comet

Re: Unlocked S20 Series - RCS

how did you get it to work on Samsung messages?
Galaxy

Re: Re: Unlocked S20 Series - RCS

download Google dialer, *#*#467#*#*
Open IMS Service Switch, enable everything.

In Google Messages disable chat features.
Force Stop Samsung Messages and open. Chat settings are there but they don't seem to be recognizing the other device (also samsung) as being RCS capable
Comet

Re: Re: Re: Unlocked S20 Series - RCS

yall referring to that sakitech video?? there's a reason I don't trust everything he puts. He said in the video it may not be working for some. Rather wait for an official release. Thanks for the heads up tho 🙂
Galaxy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Unlocked S20 Series - RCS

I found it though XDA. Never heard of the video until now. I'd like to wait for an official release but doubt it will ever happen

Here's a video but don't know if actually works, but if you're on tmobile or sprint RCS should be already enable by default

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DNrufyCrVYkU&v...
Galaxy

thanks but like I said above, that's what I did. not working. maybe the beta broke it
Comet

I seen this video and he says it's not working or may not work.

Re: Re: Re: Unlocked S20 Series - RCS

🤔 That's odd you guys couldn't make it work, out of curiosity I follow the instructions on video and was able to make it work. I was using Google messages because of the RCS but now that Samsung messages is working on RCS is much better and can even send files I couldn't even send with Google on S20 Ultra Unlocked in Beta 6 👍.. Every phone it's different and will have different name once RCS is enable, S20 Ultra is not going to have Rich Communication Settings or Advance Messaging Settings on my phone it's under Chat Settings

Galaxy

RCS is when you can see the other person typing right?