Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Unlocked S20 Series - RCS

(Topic created on: 11/27/20 8:42 PM)
SyCoREAPER
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Does anyone have RCS working with Samsung messages? I am able to enable RCS via a dialer code but can't seem to get chat to work. I don't know if it's because of the beta or if it just doesn't work 
0 Likes
15 Replies
Options
Discussions
Right and the ability to send larger files, pictures or videos in higher resolution
0 Likes
PrettyPiercings
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
It's worked for me since the S10. ???
0 Likes
Enterx
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
So it seems that it sometimes takes you wiping cache in the recovery mode after applying all these settings. I kept going on between Samsung Messages and Google Messages because I wasn't getting everyone's text messages. Google was more reliable but in the process of doing this I guess I changed IMS settings too often and wasn't able to enable RCS with either application. Google wouldn't let me activate or disable, and Samsung Messages showed it was active but I never got any of the features. Both were like this for a week so I missed out on a lot of messages. The Google page to disable RCS trying me to contact my carrier which I did, after working with them and engineering they said everything looks fine, just be on Google's side of things. This is where I gave up and seriously contemplated getting an iPhone. RCS won't be a hit unless everyone is on board. The fact that us unlocked users have to go through this just to activate it with the default messaging app on their phone. Also the fact that iphones will drag their feet to implement it into iMessage just has me disappointed. I finally got RCS to activate on Google Messages and although I prefer Samsung Messages, this is probably going to be my set up for the foreseeable future.
Marlon_Flores
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I have Sprint...well Tmobile...and It works perfectly!!
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @SyCoREAPER ,

We have received a lot of suggestions requests from beta users requesting to enable RCS on unlocked devices. Feedback has already been passed on to our developer team for review. Google RCS and Samsung RCS may have differences which may affect RCS functionality on the device.

Regards

One Ui Beta Team.

0 Likes
SyCoREAPER
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I hope you guys do add it. I'd like to switch over to as many samsung based apps as possible
0 Likes