Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Update or download new apps on my z fold 3

(Topic created: 12-11-2021 06:04 PM)
RajeshPatelATL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Hello. 3 beta updates but I still can't update or download new apps on my z fold 3. I have a personal and work profile and the update and download works in my work profile but not in my personal profile. 

I am surprised that the problem is not fixed yet and hope that someone is actually working to get it fixed because if the problem still persists when the final version comes out I will have to look for a new phone. 

Very frustrating. 
17 Replies
Peeps79
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
So I have an interesting update....I decided to remove my work profile, then clear the cache for Google Play services and store....and now.....it works. It updated every single one of the 21 apps I have had sitting waiting right away. So...that definitely leads me to believe that there is some sort of oddity going on with work profiles after the update. It may have something to do with the specific way the affected users are being enrolled, or a policy difference...but either way, I'm convinced that this issue has something to do with profile confliction for the Google store after updating to the Beta
Stldelsol
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Good to hear you found a workaround. Did reinstalling the work profile go OK as well or was it the personal only?
Peeps79
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Yeah reinstalling the work profile went just as expected. And I can still update apps even after re-enrolling the device and reinstalling the work profile, so I'm happy
0 Likes
RajeshPatelATL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Nice work. Did you delete the work profile or did you disable it externally? Just want to make sure of the steps you followed. Thank you.
0 Likes
Peeps79
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I totally unenrolled my device from my jobs MDM platform (workforce one/intelligent hub from VMware). When I unenrolled, it prompted me to totally remove the work profile.

Something to note...after I updated all my apps and stuff, I re-enrolled and set back up my work profile....and now it's happening again lol. Troubleshooting is fun! šŸ˜‚
0 Likes
sbllbs
Halo
Options
Discussions
I mean ... look at the number. šŸ‘¹Screenshot_20211211-172809_Settings_22038_1639261689.jpg
0 Likes
RajeshPatelATL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Wow. Amazing. There seems to be a profile issue with personal and work.
0 Likes
RajeshPatelATL
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I am facing the same where the updates have stopped again for personal but are working good for work.
0 Likes