Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Verizon Unlocked Update One Ui 4

(Topic created: 01-28-2022 10:10 PM)
Jipandix
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
So on Sam mobile Verizon has updated to one ui 4 on January 7 2022 has anyone here Verizon received there update? I have an unlocked version haven't seen it on my end.
7 Replies
Negropy
Halo
Options
Discussions
No, I have an unlocked on Verizon. It's not the same as buying one straight from Verizon. We're getting ours at the end of January/beginning of February.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Jipandix ,

Device purchased from Verizon have a different model number than an unlocked device purchased from Samsung.  As Verizon S20 devices cannot participate in the program no one in the beta community would have official software. One UI 4 official update has not been released yet for any S20 unlocked device. 

Regards
One UI Beta Team

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Discussions
Why are unlocked beta testers the last to get it? We were helping you beta test, so shouldn't we get the official cut first as a continuation of that test?
DimkaSD
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
That has been my question for the past month! I would like to know how US carriers got the update first (even though they take months to test) before those of us that bought the device with cash, just to get the unlocked version without carrier imposed updates. This just feels so wrong!

I doubt I'll ever buy the unlocked version again (until this changes), if Samsung ensist on supporting carrier versions, might as well save some money vs paying more for less support.
kranthi_kk
Halo
Options
Discussions
This is what I got to know from forums, they need to integrate all the carrier related changes into unlocked (not the bloatware). So we are the last.
0 Likes
Trig76
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Unlocked S20 still no stable release..
0 Likes
JasonIngram
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
No update here either. S20 ultra