Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

WIFI / GATEWAY ISSUES REMAIN

(Topic created: 10-06-2021 03:45 AM)
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
installed update rebooted, wipe cache, forgot Wi-Fi login settings, re login to Wi-Fi, phone sitting off to the side doing nothing 20 minutes later entire home network gateway shuts off, all devices disconnected, entire home network crashed. random MAC or phone MAC, doesn't matter.  turn off phone Wi-Fi and Network reboots and resets--"hmmm... I wonder if it's the beta causing this? nahhhhhh...."

I must still be "using my phone wrong"...

"hey doc, my arm hurts when I do this..."
"well don't do that..."

BETA 3:

19 Replies
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions

thanks for the reply, I am not going to change anything because it is the phone causing the issue and I would rather the phone got fixed than me change my entire network. also if I alter my current setup that changes the parameters of the experiment, doesn't it? further increasing troubleshooting difficulty.

for the purposes of FYI, there is only one access point my phone can connect to.  It has a 2.4 and 5ghz band.  I connect to the 5ghz band.  There are other WIFI SSID's from the neighbors, but I can't do anything about that.

There are no duplicate IP assignments for the times I have looked.

Sveney
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I looked into my router and found no duplicate IP addresses. My APs are also named differently. Just like the author here I connect to the 5ghz band

Edit: I cleared every apps cache and then connected to the network. Haven't gotten a reset so far! Knock on wood.
LIGHTNING144
Explorer
Options
Discussions
Just so happened to check my Samsung S7+ tablet and app I posted earlier is the problem. It's not installed on my tablet. It seems we have some type of Chinese DNS/ network modifiying app installed on our phones through this beta.

Pics are a screenshot from my S21 ultra and my Samsung S7+ tablet.

Samsung uninstall this app wcmCHINAurlsnetworkstack PLEASEScreenshot_20211006-064335_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20211006-064842_Settings_3474.jpg
0 Likes
userHfVQFVcSOK
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I had the gateway issue. But after the update i did a clear cache partition and also went into individual apps and cleared cache. So far looks good and not seeing the router reset.. fingers crossed.. šŸ¤žšŸ» just give it a try and clear individual app cache. Some app might be causing this.. hope this helps
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
you went through every single individual app and cleared the cache? did you clear the data too for each app? did you clear the cache and or data from all of the hidden system apps?
0 Likes
userHfVQFVcSOK
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I went through each app and cleared just the cache not the data. Yes its a pain but seems to be working for me.
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
hidden system apps too?
0 Likes
userHfVQFVcSOK
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Yea. All Apps
0 Likes
userHfVQFVcSOK
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
An update on network reset on what ive seen so far. If you restart the phone the issue will be back..i cleared cache partition on every restart thereafter and dont see it happening now. May be wierd but seems to be working.
0 Likes
userCDT495tgSC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Same issue here. Frustrating that a beta on a phone can take down my entire network. This needs to be addressed quickly.