Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Wait for the GA release

(Topic created: 11-10-2021 01:16 PM)
Chrisrj8084
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I know that no more betas are coming but kinda **bleep** having to wait for the official release to get bugs fixed and such.

Thankfully our phones are still usable, I know that's what we signed up for but I was thinking the final beta would be a release candidate. Last year with the s20 line the final android 11 beta was great
17 Replies
TheFamilyMan
Comet
Options
Discussions
Let's agree to disagree...I previously was an Apple Developer and you had/have to PAY to become an Apple Developer then and ONLY THEN is one able to use their pre-release software. THAT IS A FACT.
0 Likes
Doctor3825
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
It is not a fact. There is a public beta that anyone with an apple account can access. I did it every year for 3 years straight and have never paid for a dev license.

There's also a dev beta. But the public beta is only one version behind it.
Bionic1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
You seem like a real peach!
0 Likes
TheFamilyMan
Comet
Options
Discussions
You talking to me...are you talking to me...from Taxi Driver 1976

Anyhoo who's are you referring to Bionic Man? Whatever the self described dr. is referring to is NOT the same thing Samsung is doing here. Period.

Frankly I don't care anymore either. I've wisely made the move to Samsung many years ago and have been completely satisfied.

I've had Samsung flip phones when they 1st came to market then a Galaxy Note Series device every year since their inception. Traded in the Note20 Ultra 5G for my current device knowing ahead of time the Note was probably going to receive a death sentence.

Am looking forward to the S22 Ultra in late January/early February and in the process my wife gets a great hand-me-down in this S21 Ultra.
0 Likes
TheRoops
Comet
Options
Discussions
There's a level that I have to agree with the OP, after having done multiple betas with Samsung. There seems to be a pattern.
1st release - nice but buggy
2nd release - good but needs a hot fix if the 1st didn't
3rd release - really good but only needs a few fixes
4th release - good but 1 or 2 big detractors from being GA ready

This build is great except for the scrolling at sea bug. It'd be nice to see one more build with that fixed.
iiDark
Comet
Options
Discussions
I agree with this :hundred_points:
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your post. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

Regards

One UI Beta Team.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Discussions
Beta 4 feels like beta 2. Beta 3 was much better all around for me. Battery life, call echo was fixed, less crashing. If this is final release candidate, I'll be very disappointed