cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

When I click the 1st letter into the Google Search Window, my keyboard disappear

(Topic created: 10-30-2021 04:08 PM)
midimench
Comet
Options
Discussions
When I click on the 1st letter into a Google search window, my keyboard disappear, until I tap on the search window a 2nd time to bring the keyboard back. Is anybody having the same problem? I'd like to have the keyboard stay on until I finish typing. Can we do that Samsung?
8 Replies
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
submit an error report in beta feedback
0 Likes
rdimcneal
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I have this issue when replying to email. Keyboard will not pop up until I tap in the text box.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @midimench ,

Please erase the device cache using steps below. If issue persists, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Side key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Side key to restart the device.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
midimench
Comet
Options
Discussions
I've done what you've asked, and nothing improved. When I tap the Google Search Window, the keyword pops up. As soon as I type 1 letter, the keyboard retracts and I have to tap the search window again to get the keyboard to pop back up. That's been my complaint from the beginning. Moving from beta 3 to 4 made no difference. Wiping the system cache made no difference either.
0 Likes
userV9iPop0rwe
Astronaut
Options
Discussions

Same problem here. Also, Try covering your front facing camera and doing a search, it won't let you. Almost makes me think they wanna see who is searching what. Big Brother is watching your every move.

0 Likes
user4w18oaplMd
Constellation
Options
Discussions

Oddly, when I cover the front camera I am able to type on the keyboard until I am done. However, when I uncover the front camera I am only allowed to type one letter then the keyboard disappears. **bleep**

0 Likes
Members_xrkY4hT
Constellation
Options
Discussions

Just upgraded from my S9+ (a truly great phone) to an S21 fe 5G.  From the start I had the same problem with the Google search.  Finally today I found a suggested fix, and I went into settings and turned off the Battery Power Saving mode and the problem went away immediately.  Not sure what I'm giving up with the Power Saving off, but whatever it is it's better than the frustration of dealing with the Google search glitch. 

0 Likes
user4w18oaplMd
Constellation
Options
Discussions

I tried clearing the cache as described above and it did not work. However, turning off the Battery Power Saving mode worked perfectly.

Also, (I did this before I turned off the power saving mode) I discovered covering the front facing camera while I typed did not cause the keyboard to disappear. I could complete my searchterm as long as the camera was covered.

0 Likes