Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

When

(Topic created: 01-07-2022 09:50 AM)
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
When will the unlocked Galaxy Note 20 get the official release. Different credible tech sites are saying it's available. So why when I go to software update it's not. It says US and international. I have an unlocked note 20 with a t mobile sim card
13 Replies
BenPWarner
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Same
SKLZWL
Sun
Options
Discussions
Unlocked AT&T US nothing yet..
Options
Discussions
Unlocked with Verizon and nothing yet either
KatFace
Star
Options
Discussions
It should be available within this week or possibly next. I understand your impatience for wanting it, but it needs to be OK'd before it releases. Please wait for a few more. It's guaranteed this month.
0 Likes
arobherweck
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
To be honest, the stable versions are probably going out to the people who don't have the beta yet, we'll probably get it soon. This is my first and last Samsung phone. this note 20 ultra 5g is an awesome phone from a hardware stand point, but I cannot stand the Samsung software. Too much bloatware, I can't stand the fact there's no native Samsung app that allows you to have calling/contacts/VM under one app. Two separate ones drive me nuts. The dated app drawer. Etc. I can't wait to get rid of it.
Buckeyemike84
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Personally, the people on beta should get the stable release first. I haven't been able to use Gpay since I started the beta back in November. I'm not sure why Verizon is so special but IMO, beta users should get the first round of stable releases or what's the benefit to having a buggy OS for two months??!!
rigeek
Constellation
Options
Discussions
It makes sense that the release code won't just plug into our devices. They're probably developing a separate release with a bridge code to update our phones.
Stevenz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Samsung phones are capable of switching carriers software based on the sim card (locked phone can also do this after unlocked), so I don't think bridging is an issue. I really hope they were being delayed because of features that locked carriers do not have, such as eSIM or other stuff.
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Yamialex224 ,

Most tech sites publish as software available irrespective of carrier or location of release. For ex. a software is released in Korea and site will publish its available but it is  not necessary we have already released same software for US market. We assure you no unlocked Note 20 devices beta or not have received official update at this time.

Regards
One UI Beta Team