Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Where's one ui beta 2?

(Topic created: 09-27-2021 04:09 PM)
jerbear
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Has anyone heard when the next beta update will be?  I want to stick with One ui 4, but it is quite glitchy. 
17 Replies
UrsusMagnum
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
The word last week was development was planned to try and release an update this week, this is of course assuming that the update is a stable enough to push out.

I would look to see if the moderators post more news tomorrow( Tuesday) or Wednesday. They did update the known issues thread around a week after the beat opened, so I would expect that to be about the time we would recieve an update or new news
beri
Comet
Options
Discussions
The betas are typically released every two weeks which would make tomorrow 28 Sep two weeks. This is the schedule Samsung has kept over the past few years. Coincidence or not I'd say give it a few more days and Beta 2 will be out for sure.
boston503
Comet
Options
Discussions
Thank you ive been sed this and people mad at me lol
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
the known issues list has some of the known issues like red being too red and the screen not downloading hamster dance fast enough... but zero mention of the beta update wiping out entire home networks and shutting off all of your devices from the internet... that sounds like more of an FCC violation than a bug...
MangoKiwi
Comet
Options
Discussions
What are you talking about? It wiped out your entire home network? I have no idea how that would even happen šŸ˜† I haven't seen many people complaining about this.
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
there's a few instances.. you can check out some of my comments or posts
userCDT495tgSC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Yes when we first got beta was crashing my whole wifi network. Turn off WiFi and network is stable. Very frustrating. No other beta that I have done before done this. What was scary, when phone was connected I was getting slammed with denial of service, and people scanning for my devices. I hope this gets fixed ASAP. I sent logs and got the canned thank you report.
MrPainz
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I noticed that my xfinity router/modem would lock up at times when I had come home and connect. My wife would have to reset the modem. I unticked detect suspicious network activity, and it hasn't happened since. In all fairness it could be crappy xfinity here
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
Ha! It'll come out when it's released.

Though I understand the eagerness, it's funny how folks stress over this.

As a software engineer with 20+ years, I understand how this stuff works.

And having been involved with numerous betas over the years ... "relax".

The first patch release always takes longer - upwards of three weeks. Maybe two if lucky.

Chill out šŸ™‚