cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Why shouldn't Stable One UI 4 Android 12 go to beta users first?

(Topic created: 01-10-2022 11:21 AM)
Buckeyemike84
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Personally, the people on beta should get the stable release first. I haven't been able to use Gpay since I started the beta back in November. I'm not sure why Verizon is so special but IMO, beta users should get the first round of stable releases or what's the benefit to having a buggy OS for two months??!!
SKLZWL
Sun
Options
Discussions
I'd rather have the freedom to run the phone now I want not how the carrier wants. Although they still have some influence on it it's minimal compared to bloatware & whatever else they "feature" I was a little salty when I lost WiFi calling last year after Android 11 beta.. but At&t said since I'm unlocked it's not available. Then it came back like 2 weeks lateršŸ¤·ā€:male_sign: so I'm cool. Wifi calling isn't even a deal breaker. I just didn't understand why it would be taken away. But I like them to stay out of my phone as much as possible.
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
I do too. But in some cases a carrier locked phone is better. Like if my unlocked phone breaks I gave to buy a whole new phone compared to a locked one where they replace it at half the cost
Options
Discussions
So basically...don't expect final release for BETA users until late February
SKLZWL
Sun
Options
Discussions
Is this a guess? I hope it's not that long . .
0 Likes
SKLZWL
Sun
Options
Discussions
Verizon better be "special" for the extra 25-35% they charge for the same service as any other major carrier! I can only speak for Verizon & AT&T I have both in my house the ONLY difference is the extra $40 month!! Super expensive. They're killing me with FiOS too but I love it. Anyway idk why ppl are getting it before beta. I don't think we should necessarily get it first but definitely same time or at least within the same 2 day period
Buckeyemike84
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I have Google Fi and love it and have had them for many years years now.
SKLZWL
Sun
Options
Discussions
I've been interested in Google Do since I first heard about it. I'm pretty happy with At&t currently since I've had at least 2 lines with them for over 10 years. They actually do reward the loyalty.. at least after some arguing and asking why I, a 10 yr veteran with them WOULDN'T get special offers. I pay a very low monthly fee for unlimited everything. But I have other lines I might try Google Do on. Can't use them as a "family plan" or whatever for certain reasons so I might check it out. It's prepaid right?
0 Likes
mrdobolina
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I echo everyone's sentiment on this post. In fact, it's reaching the point where I just may be done with Samsung period. It's extremely irritating how the unlocked users are treated like stepchildren, and time and time again there is little to no improvement in these processes.

Each day, iPhone seems to be looking better and better.
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Discussions
It's not their fault. Unlocked phones are not configured to work with a carrier which is why carriers want you buy the networked locked version so you get updates faster. Apple is one and done they make all their phones and it's closed source. Android is open source and have many different phones and manufacturers
SKLZWL
Sun
Options
Discussions
Yeah money talks & these carriers are filthy rich. I wouldn't be surprised if they purposely try to make life hard for unlocked owners. As a matter of fact I know they do. I've dealt with it multiple times since I got my unlocked Note20 Ultra.
0 Likes