Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Wi-Fi issues

(Topic created: 10-05-2021 06:17 PM)
LIGHTNING144
Explorer
Options
Discussions
Wi-Fi issues seemed to have been cleared up with this new beta update.

UPDATE: The issue has occurred again. Samsung please remove the following app

WcmChinaUrlsNetworkStackOverylay 

This is found by going to apps and selecting show system apps and searching for network. 
11 Replies
gooFWeaR
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
That is good. I will let you know if I have any issues or not
0 Likes
bluefire
Comet
Options
Discussions
What issues where you experiencing on previous beta version?
0 Likes
LIGHTNING144
Explorer
Options
Discussions
When connecting to my home Wi-Fi my phone would cause my router to reboot. I checked my router logs and it seems as if my phone was attacking my router. Needless to say that there are no issues until I connect my phone to my home Wi-Fi.
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
I'm curious, what else do you have hooked up to your network... thermostats, hue lighting systems, Chromecast, any other devices?
0 Likes
LIGHTNING144
Explorer
Options
Discussions
Just colored light bulbs. Which all worked fine before the update
0 Likes
LIGHTNING144
Explorer
Options
Discussions
Just so happened to check my Samsung S7+ tablet and app I posted earlier is the problem. It's not installed on my tablet. It seems we have some type of Chinese DNS/ network modifiying app installed on our phones through this beta.Screenshot_20211006-064842_Settings_3474.jpgScreenshot_20211006-064335_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @LIGHTNING144  ,

Thank you for your feedback. If you havenā€™t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
userfeviGAPwpJ
Constellation
Options
Discussions

I'm also having a wifi issues since installing 4.0 beta 2. When my phone connects to my home wifi it seems to overwhelm the router and everything else disconnects. Soon as my phone is disconnected the signal returns to normal and my other devices reconnect.

Enabling wifi safe mode and disabling throttling in developer options seemed to help improve the situation. I'll also try disabling this wcmchina app (restrict background data etc) to see if that has any effect

0 Likes