Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Wifi & Mobile Data Problems

(Topic created: 09-25-2022 11:15 AM)
PhilEsk
Star
Options
Discussions
Sg21+ unlocked on at&t. Having problems with wifi and/or mobile data. If both are enabled, sometimes nothing gets through. Sometimes I can turn off wifi and then lte or 5g works. Sometimes wifi can work with mobile data off. Seems like some kind of conflict between the two radios or maybe the algorithm that does the switching. Any one else with this issue?

UPDATE
I think I may have solved the problem. I did a 'Reset network settings' and things speeded up and wifi and lte/5g seems much better now. Maybe even a little better than before the beta 5UI update.

SECOND UPDATE
I jumped too fast. Still have problems with wifi and lte data. One will work ok for a while if the other is shut down. But eventually, it slows to a crawl. If I do a Restart, it works again until the next slowdown. Phone & text seem ok. 
2 Replies
The_Lemon
Red Giant
Options
Discussions
Something similar happens to me when I get out of distance of my wifi and I'm using it. It still tries to stay connected to the weak out-of-range network and I have to turn off my wifi for 5G to kick in.
0 Likes
PhilEsk
Star
Options
Discussions
My wifi issue happens even when near my router. I'm on 5g right now. I think the problem shows up when the phone transitions from wifi to lte or lte to wifi.