Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

Work Profile Distinction

(Topic created: 09-15-2021 01:28 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Discussions
In my home screen (no app drawer) I see work and personal profile icons, clicking them does nothing. Is that suppose to function like that. 
0 Likes
2 Replies
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @Anonymous ,

Your work profile can be used by your employer to setup your device remotely in a more secure fashion than your home area. For ex. Your work profile can be configured such that limited no of secure apps can only be installed from play store instead of accessing all apps on play store. 

Regards

One Ui Beta Team

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Discussions
Yes I understand that. However I'm unclear on the purpose of the icons on the homescreen. May be I did not explain myself correctly.

I have been using workprofile for a long time for my work related apps.

Before the update, I will have work apps on my home screen (with a small icon on the top right indicating work profile)

After the update, I still see those apps as before, however I saw a change on the bottom of the screen there are 2 icons, Personal, Work as in screen shot. When I click on personal nothing happens. When I click on work, same home screen no changes but Knox icon appears on the bottom right.

Question, is this suppose to behave like this? If so what's the intention to shoe those distinction when nothing happens. May be if there are 2 separate home screens existing where when I click on work only work profile installed apps show and when I click on personal the work apps gets hidden would be ideal.

Curious to know the rationale. Screenshot_20210915-132807_One UI Home_9768.jpg
0 Likes