cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Comet

beta 2 animations

Currently, for the swipe up to go home gesture, the animation is still the same as it was in One UI 2, and while great at first, it aged with time as it would occasionally flicker and become slow to respond at times. Don't get me wrong, it's a great transition, however as you read you'll discover is that it's hard to revert back to this 2.0 animation from my experience:

I have posted about this in the past, but in the very first beta I installed, when I would swipe up to go home, the apps on the home screen would greet me with a subtle bounce as I arrived on the home screen - and it would make the animation 10x more smooth, at least to my eyes. I LOVED the attention to detail - the apps on the home screen would bounce further depending on how fast you would swipe up to go home - just charming. This is exactly what I wanted to see from Samsung - which is why I was sad to see the animation change back to how it was in 2.0 when I installed the first hotfix about a week ago. 

Another aspect to this very first beta build animation was when the app itself was being swiped up, the app content thats currently on the screen would be faded and shrunk into the icon perfectly as the user swipes up, and would seamlessly blend the app screen content fading into the physical app icon on the home screen. For whatever reason, as of now, it's an abrupt change when the app content changes to the app icon on the home screen, like a light switch - so rather than it being smooth and seamless, it's abrupt, and dulls the polish when I notice it. I hope I explained this well, as this is one of the most important parts when using my device, and I use gestures every day.

I still have yet to have an answer to see if this awesome animation will return in future builds or the final product, because it is LEAGUES ahead of the current home screen transition animation. This prompts many questions: When will it return? Has Samsung just temporarily removed it to polish it further? Will it be released with the final build of 3.0?

Samsung, please bring the animation back in a future build, or the final one ui 3.0 release.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: beta 2 animations

A refresh of some of the animations, like the ones you described, would definitely be welcome to see in One UI 3.0. The details of the ones you mention would breathe so much new life into the experience.
Highlighted
Comet

Re: Re: beta 2 animations

I'm glad someone else feels the same. I have a question for you, did you notice this change to the animation in the very first initial Beta when you installed it or no?
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Re: beta 2 animations

I didn't experience the 1st beta release myself, but had seen recordings of the new animations from the 1st beta on YouTube. So when I got the beta, it was the 2nd release and I was disappointed to find that everything looked just like it did in One UI 2, and then saw the threads of others saying the same.
Highlighted
Comet

Re: Re: Re: Re: beta 2 animations

ah I got it. don't you agree that the 1st beta animations were worlds better than the ones we have currently?
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: beta 2 animations

Definitely. The previous animations were fun and lively. Now in the current beta, they're back to the stale ones we've had.
Highlighted
Beta Moderator

Re: beta 2 animations

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. If you would like to suggest us a change to an existing feature or a new feature to add, please leave a post in the Suggestions section with your ideas. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team