Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

better vs beta

(Topic created: 10-07-2021 08:58 AM)
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
I think we all appreciate hearing tips and tricks on how to make our beta phones work smoother or better or at all...but I am cautious about voluntarily downgrading my phone and my home setup to accommodate a very buggy beta build.  

when all of us had no problems before the beta, it is backwards for us to have lower expectations from our phones. my S21 ultra was like a Star Trek tricorder before the beta, now it's like a Star Trek walkie-talkie you could buy in the 60s...I might have to hook up a couple of strings to it.

turning off features, reducing performance, and deleting apps should not be an expectation for basic functionality during an upgrade. 

I do appreciate the value in trying out different tweaks, as this helps us learn what functions are buggy and need more attention. I will not however turn my phone settings down to their lowest performance rates or settle for partial functionality just to accommodate beta 2. nor will I be replacing expensive gateways in the home that worked prior to beta.

of course I am not talking about tweaking the phone just to get it to work...people can experiment however they like, I could care less. I try all kinds of things, performance reductions, turning off features...I've wiped the cache so often I'm starting to get chafed...just to see if they have an effect so that way you can pinpoint stuff, but I'm not going to leave it disabled...I want to see it fail so I can know more about the problem and/or report it.

my Wi-Fi has been broken since the beta, yeah I could run the phone in safe mode for the last several weeks or delete every single app and hope that works.. but that's not the point-- "to make the phone 'not work' to get it to work".

when you blow out a light bulb (s21ultra beta2) in your house, you replace that one... not the other 50 bulbs that still work.

so keep all the discussion, suggestions, questions and the tips coming but don't forget we are trying to get a better phone not a "beta phone".

MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
thanks for your reply!
0 Likes
DD7227
Halo
Options
Discussions
The entire purpose of beta testing is to help in catching the bugs so they can be fixed. They provide a disclaimer when you first sign up warning you of possible bugs and issues. You made a choice and your choice was to continue with the beta testing. You do have the option of leaving the program and reverting back to 11 as long as you backed your device up.
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
not really sure how that contradicts or adds anything to what I've posted, maybe reread it.. thanks for your reply!
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Discussions
"it's beta version not better version" so maybe you signed up for the wrong thing or you clearly don't understand what the beta program is for.. just exit the beta and go back you are not forced to keep using it
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
thanks for your thoughtful reply!
0 Likes
missmotta
Comet
Options
Discussions
When I discovered that GBoard (both beta and regular version) was messing up my phone (battery drain, force closes, heating) I reported the bug, but then deleted it for now until it stops causing problems. So it's possible to both report problems, but then delete any offending apps to be able to continue the testing without wanting to toss your phone into a lake. Haha.
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
hopefully the beta didn't mess up the waterproofing hahaha! glad you found your issue!
userViWhG7Ds1Q
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
This. You can tell by reading the post, they understand what It means to be a part of a beta. What they are trying to say is people have a reasonable expectation to have the functionality of their devices. Bugs are expected, but some are quite severe. If I had constant restarts on my device, I'd certainly want a fix as soon as possible.

We're so quick to jump down each other's throat "with this is bets, what did you expect" when some of us (myself including) are having it much easier than others.
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
omg...THANK YOU!!!
0 Likes
Jay3578
Comet
Options
Discussions
Are we really discussing what a beta is on a beta program? You literally get this pop up every time you restart your phone. When you sign up, you understand there is a risk for all kinds of errors to ocurr, even "critical" errors/issues. Sorry but it comes with the territory. All those bugs are always part of betas, that's why the stable OS takes time to be ironed out before it is released to the masses. Trust me, this is prob my 4th year doing beta programs for Samsung. Don't complain, just report them so that we can find the issue and address it for a future beta release. Peace!Screenshot_20211007-102842_One UI Home_581.jpg