Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

better vs beta

(Topic created: 10-07-2021 08:06 AM)
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
I think we all appreciate hearing tips and tricks on how to make our beta phones work smoother or better or at all...but I am cautious about voluntarily downgrading my phone and my home setup to accommodate a very buggy beta build.  

when all of us had no problems before the beta, it is backwards for us to have lower expectations from our phones. my S21 ultra was like a Star Trek tricorder before the beta, now it's like a Star Trek walkie-talkie you could buy in the 60s...I might have to hook up a couple of strings to it.

turning off features, reducing performance, and deleting apps should not be an expectation for basic functionality during an upgrade. 

I do appreciate the value in trying out different tweaks, as this helps us learn what functions are buggy and need more attention. I will not however turn my phone settings down to their lowest performance rates or settle for partial functionality just to accommodate beta 2. nor will I be replacing expensive gateways in the home that worked prior to beta.

of course I am not talking about tweaking the phone just to get it to work...people can experiment however they like, I could care less. I try all kinds of things, performance reductions, turning off features...I've wiped the cache so often I'm starting to get chafed...just to see if they have an effect so that way you can pinpoint stuff, but I'm not going to leave it disabled...I want to see it fail so I can know more about the problem and/or report it.

my Wi-Fi has been broken since the beta, yeah I could run the phone in safe mode for the last several weeks or delete every single app and hope that works.. but that's not the point-- "to make the phone 'not work' to get it to work".

when you blow out a light bulb (s21ultra beta2) in your house, you replace that one... not the other 50 bulbs that still work.

so keep all the discussion, suggestions, questions and the tips coming but don't forget we are trying to get a better phone not a "beta phone".

28 Replies
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
yeah, discussions are permitted... thanks for your reply... and the attachment...good to see Samsung members app is working again!
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Discussions
No one is jumping on him. You can't say the user understand what it means to be part of beta when all his post so far is that he is unhappy with the bugs but almost no post contributing as bug reports or steps taken to reproduce the error. I will agree that the current build has many issues and is not ready for release. Just as with any beta build you should never go in and expect to use your phone normally nor would I ever install a beta version if I do not have a backup phone to fall upon

Report your bugs issues see if anyone else has the issue and move on or even better submit the crash log. Whining that the beta build has bugs contributes nothing.
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
so much effort ... thanks for your reply!
TheRoops
Comet
Options
Discussions
Oh boy, you caught my typo. Hope the snark fixes your wifi.
0 Likes
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
that's not how networking gateways work, but thanks for your reply!
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @MWS2022 ,

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program. A couple of things to note, we did ask our R & D to review your logs and provide additional analysis. We will update you with analysis. 

If a device is working fine in safe mode with manufacturer provided apps but not with 3rd party apps,  part of the fixes will be needed from app developers as we don't have source code to fix 3rd party apps. 

Regards

One UI Beta Team

MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions

thank you so much for the reply! the  apps worked before the beta, the beta crashed the apps. hopefully stable 12 will fix this. the apps didn't change to break Wi-Fi connectivity, the OS changed and broke app connectivity.

safe mode on the phone also shuts off some Google apps and some Samsung apps, so those can't be ruled out as well (Samsung members app is not active in safe mode for instance).

There some others posting similar problems with network connectivity and device disconnections.

MWS2022_1-1633636914416.png

0 Likes
TheRoops
Comet
Options
Discussions
For a real test, factory reset and try to set up wifi with your phone clean. If it doesn't work, it's definitely the phone not working with the build. If it does work there's something conflicting in your current setup that's outside of Samsung control.
MWS2022
Comet
Options
Discussions
that's actually a good idea, and I thought of that. then after discussion with Samsung they want to wait and see if they can figure it out even if it's something on my end. I try all kinds of things continuously over and over, and I've never had success or I would mention what I had done. but again, I think your idea is probably the cleanest and best experiment to try.. start out with a clean beta2 phone, no backups restored and just see what happens from there. another idea I had was going to a friend's house and seeing if it interfered with his Wi-Fi, but you never know when it's going to hit. maybe I'll try to crash out McDonald's next time I'm there, hahaha. I'm sure if I can get Ronald McDonald involved things will speed up! thanks again for your suggestion, I'm sure I'll do it once I find out some more information and post what happens, take care!
0 Likes