JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

cannot turn off 5g .. verizon note 20 ultra unlocked

(Topic created: 11-20-2020 03:41 PM)
userzTZ9hjrfBM
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Not sure if this is a problem specific to the one ui 3 beta .. that said before the one ui beta I could not get 5g at all.

5g works fine since installing the beta (all versions) however in mobile connections there is no way to turn it off / limit to 4g. (Generally get the same or slower speeds on 5g as 5 so along with higher battery use no reason to use it)

I only have options for global, lte/cdma or lte/gsm.

When I was trying tmobile prior to the one ui beta 5g worked fine AND I could set it to 4g only 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Njdan30
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
easiest way for me is using quick shortcut maker , mobile networks, advanced, then can pick 5g preferred, lte, 3g or 1x, global. it should be in settings though but it isn't on the u1 firmware without using it 🤷🏽:male_sign:

clipboard_image_1606085122264.jpg

View solution in context

12 Replies
Ekamek
Sun
Options
Discussions
I am on T-Mobile with 3.0 and able to limit it to 4G/LTE and below. Maybe a Verizon restriction.
0 Likes
Solution
Njdan30
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
easiest way for me is using quick shortcut maker , mobile networks, advanced, then can pick 5g preferred, lte, 3g or 1x, global. it should be in settings though but it isn't on the u1 firmware without using it 🤷🏽:male_sign:

clipboard_image_1606085122264.jpg

View solution in context

userzTZ9hjrfBM
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
yes it worked on tmobile (before the beta, don't have that account anymore so can't try it with) but on verizon there simply is no differentiation in the mobile connections options between 5g and anything else. (same pre beta and pre 5g as with the beta and 5g)

-- edit, thanks njdan! that works... ridiculous, but don't anticipate going back to 5g (at least on verizon) anytime soon, so just a one time thing I presume

clipboard_image_1606097009979.jpg

0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you all for your replies. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

SMOULTO1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
have you ever tried Samsung Band Selection app....if you get it you can use it to toggle off 5G usage and just use LTE. I had to use it recently because I was having serious ping and latency issues near a few towers where I live. I had noticed getting 100 dn on LTE and on 5G getting only 3 dn. so I definitely switched it to LTE only. if you do use it you have to redo it everytime you reset or power cycle your phone
user6hVAPoxtA7
Astronaut
Options
Discussions

YES! I've tried EVERYTHING! Verizon even replaced my phone! I can't wait to drive into the area where I have ZERO service even though my signal shows FULL BARS OF 5G. I knew this 5G had to be the problem. NOw that it wont be trying to pull signal from the 5G band I'm sure it will work on the 4gLTE. Thank you!

0 Likes
user6hVAPoxtA7
Astronaut
Options
Discussions

How do I mark or recommend your answer as a solution'?

0 Likes
SMOULTO1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
when use app click on more network settings and then click on Verizon and scroll down to advanced tab. there you will see preferred network type and change there.

clipboard_image_1606248211831_1606248211831.jpg

0 Likes
SMOULTO1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
also there is another way to disable it using the service codes but one can definitely screw up her phone if they don't know what they're turning on and off
0 Likes