Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

eSim unlocked on S21 series?

(Topic created: 09-23-2021 09:16 AM)
aleXvampire
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Anyone's phone eSim activation became available? 
As I was going through menus, I found a new option in the 'Connections' and that is the 'Sim card management' submenu where you can activate the eSim on the phone.
So Samsung S21+ is a dual sim phone after all. 
I'm using an S21+ unlocked model on AT&T here in US.
I'm pretty sure, that option will go away in the next updates, now that I brought this out, but I'm GLAD to see that my phone has that capability. 

Anyone out there has an eSim activated on Samsung S21 series?
8 Replies
Options
Discussions
I'm on T mobile and mine has a esim number and a sim number in the about phone section. But TMO is working on this beta along side Samsung. So who knows. Not really sure what the esim does anyway. Maybe you can enlighten me
0 Likes
aleXvampire
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
eSim is an electronic Sim which one can use instead a physical plastic sim. It's attached to your phone and it makes available the Sim slot to a second sim. So you can have 2 sims on your phone, so 2 different numbers. It's very useful when you travel abroad and want to insert a local sim in you phone so you don't have to pay expensive roaming.
0 Likes
Options
Discussions
Thanks. Well I do now have a esim number and a sim Number
In about phone. Does your show both with numbers?
0 Likes
aleXvampire
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I don't have a second number since this option was not available before Beta UI because ATT only allows iPhone and smart watches to use eSim. But I was overseas this summer and used a local European SIM card on my phone to use data and call locally, I would've loved to have the eSIM at the time so I wouldn't have to change SIMS every morning to see if I have any miss calls or messages.
0 Likes
tmanman
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
Doesn't work for u model devices. Looks like u1 works but you need to do a work around for it to work for that model. If you search esim, beta mod says they're aware of the issue.
0 Likes
aleXvampire
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I know S21+ is not advertised as eSIM ready, I have screenshots with the new option showing up in my menu, but I can't upload them for some reason (beta issues probably)
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello @aleXvampire ,

eSIM option is available but is not working properly. Our development team is looking in to the issue. 

Regards

One UI Beta Team

aleXvampire
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Thank you, I'm just glad to see that option there. It wasn't there before the Beta 1
0 Likes