Did you mean: 

Original topic:

google play services update

(Topic created on: 10/22/20 8:07 AM)
franzie3
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Did anyone see a play services update silent notification that required a reboot.  My phone rebooted twice and now I have a 5G icon where normally I had LTE (tmobile unlocked) however it is not showing signal bars yet I have data just fine. 

8 Replies
scorpdragon
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I saw something about Google play services but the only thing I've noticed so far is that in the Google play settings it says the device is not play protect certified.
0 Likes
franzie3
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
there was a silent notification and when you expand you restart your phone
0 Likes
user2008070
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I had it, restarted now I don't have 5G
0 Likes
BlakWight
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I manually updated my apps and it required a restart after. Some improvement noted.

For your connection use this solution (CREDIT TO: GLITCHBUG)
Change your Access Point Name. You have to add it the new Access Point Name should be:

epc.t-mobile.com
scorpdragon
Constellation
Options
Discussions
Mine's still going to fast.t-mobile and 5g is still connecting. Allegedly epc is for older devices. But if it works it works. Heh
0 Likes
scorpdragon
Constellation
Options
Discussions
I should note that it seems sensitive and drops a lot so tmo gave me a warranty replacement. Maybe I should try epc.
0 Likes
Glitchbug
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
:smiling_face_with_heart_eyes:clipboard_image_1603411448697.jpg
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you all for your feedback. Please keep an eye out for any issues you may encounter, and send us an error report if you do. We appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes