cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

handshake issue from cellular to wifi calls?

(Topic created: 11-10-2020 02:11 PM)
kranthi_kk
Halo
Options
Discussions
Any one having issues when you are in a call (LTE AT&T) and moved to your home WiFi, the call gets disconnected, says limited internet connection?
0 Likes
4 Replies
aleXvampire
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
A problem like that arises when you have Wi-Fi Call service activated. As you approach your home, the Wi-Fi is weaker and until the connection gets stronger ( you get inside the house, closer to the router) the call might drop.
0 Likes
kranthi_kk
Halo
Options
Discussions
I do not see that issue with my iphone xs (verizon)
0 Likes
aleXvampire
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
maybe they have a different protocol of switching between wifi and cellular data only when wifi signal is strong enough.
I don't own an iPhone, but I always had that problem using Whatsapp, Skype or WiFi Call.
If I start the conversation before I leave the house, when outside the house it drops. I stopped using WiFi Call on AT&T.
Maybe it's not the phone but the Network Carrier Att vs Verizon.
I only try to help, I hope someone else has a better experience to share.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Network connectivity issues will most likely be resolved more effectively by contacting your carrier directly. If issues, persist, however, please send us an error report to help us debug the issue. Please also keep an eye out for any other issues you may encounter. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team.

0 Likes