Did you mean: 

Original topic:

pay to remove advertisements.

(Topic created on: 10/30/20 11:38 AM)
brumlow
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
I would really like a option to pay to remove advertisements from all Samsung supplies applications.  

This would make this phone perfect. 
10 Replies
JayDos
Halo
Options
Discussions
Firms often underestimate how actions such as these can eventually weaken their branding/customer perception. Samsung has over the years improved on so much in terms of perception but it took them a long time and a lot of $ in advertising. I don't think that Samsung, considering today's nearly saturated smartphone market, could survive an underlying perception of being "greedy" and "cheap". I made the switch from HTC precisely because Samsung had massively improved on both their software and hardware with the Galaxy S6 edge and have only owned Samsung devices since but I may leave for once if they don't get this together. Ads on a premium $1K+ device contradicts your vision, Samsung. It communicates to the consumer that no matter how much premium a Galaxy looks, and no matter how experience they are, the perception that Samsung is cheap will never die.
bluefire
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
I never get any ads on my S20 Ultra. I checked every app settings and turned off any ad, promotion or offers

clipboard_image_1604084918408_1604084918408.jpgclipboard_image_1604084897600_1604084897600.jpgclipboard_image_1604084933825_1604084933825.jpg
0 Likes
JayDos
Halo
Options
Discussions
Check the weather app...
0 Likes
userY0xbdS3h61
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
Samsung Health app has forced Ads which cannot be disabled through any settings, Samsung Weather widget and app has forced Ads. Samsung's own app store had Ad pop-up which covers whole display when launching the app store - it does not display every time but it does display these Ads sometime and no setting can help to disable it.
0 Likes
userY0xbdS3h61
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
I agree, people should be allowed to either pay to remove Ads from Samsung apps or remove all Samsung apps completely.
wanzongdai
Astronaut
Options
Discussions
why apple has no ads at all?
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. If you would like to suggest us a change to an existing feature or a new feature to add, please leave a post in the Suggestions section with your ideas. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta program.

Regards

One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
RubberDingy
Asteroid
Options
Discussions
you did pay to remove them already when you bought a $1000+ phone. That should get you an ad free experience by itself.
KevHar5
Halo
Options
Discussions
I also hate how the samsung music app, which is really good, has a spotify ad that pops up and can only be snoozed for 7 days and then comes back. :weary_face: Samsung please stop the ads as it hurts the user experience.
0 Likes