Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

@userqv3zVv0iGO

(Topic created: 08-17-2023 12:53 PM)
MarvinMod2
Comet
Options
Discussions
The user @userqv3zVv0iGO is telling people that oneui 6 beta is very unstable and should not be used. Also the user states that placing the beta on your device voids warranty and the software may brick your device and youd be left with a paper weight.... THIS IS NOT TRUE!
I am a developer with AOSP (android open source project) and ive seen a lot of people scream what they really know nothing about. First off, oneui 6 beta is very stable, 2 it will NOT void your warranty and the chances of it bricking your device is very slim but should it do so, its a soft brick and can still be fixed by either Samsung smart switch or by Odin. 3 onui 6 is in beta meaning its a test/preview and we send back bug reports and info on our experience so samsung can iron out all the bugs and possibly add features and you dont need to be tech savvy to test this update. Should something go wrong, there are people at samsung and on XDA who can easily restore your device back to working order and in some cases can be done remotely. 
Happy testing everyone and lets keep a positive attitude, were here to test and make better.šŸ––

My device: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra, US variant, XAA CSC Region 
11 Replies
Evo3d6
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Yes all false claims and the development team at Samsung and xda will help if anything occurs. I have had only tiny bugs on the version, nothing that will cause me from doing any tasks. Keep up the good work. Nothing more tiring than people that want to download a beta version and complain instead of doing what has simply been ask for their sneak peek report and suggest.
queenslight
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
I mostly agree with the above statement. I have reported Talkback accessibility suggestions/issues along with when you I freezing issues. The one issue I have no idea how to fix is the issue of custom contact ringtones (mentioned in a separate thread among this here community).
WoofahRayet
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
It definitely has been very stable. I've experienced very minor bugs that don't adversely affect the overall use of my phone on the beta. It's been great. Honestly this is the most stable beta on any of the Samsung phones that I've owned
G87M2
Halo
Options
Discussions
I agree. I have chimed in myself under those posts to state otherwise. This beta is really really stable. Only minor non phone breaking bugs.
Philosophics
Nebula
Options
Discussions
Other than the messages app locking up 10 minutes ago and aod sometimes off, no other issues.
For a phone (S23U) that had the previous phone (S22U) backup loaded to it, ran since delivery with good lock and immediately updating to the beta without any cleaning.... I've been impressed.
USBetaModerator2
Beta Moderator
Options
Discussions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

We appreciate your contribution to the Beta Program.

Regards,

One UI Beta Team

Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Discussions
Samsung's Beta is much better than what I experienced on my Pixel 7Pro, wanna talk about bugs, they were crawling all over the place. Samsung gets it when Google has ironed out most of the major stuff. Had to factory reset my Pixel twice.
Don't even asked about Beta IoS 17 for Ipad which I am also testing.

Samsung's much smoother than Google and Apple
jquest71
Cosmic Ray
Options
Discussions
Agree 100 percent, this Beta is quite stable. I've only reported four minor bugs so far. And it always seems, at least on Reddit, that the people crying wolf the loudest about problems with this Beta do not actually have it installed.
NoneYa916
Galaxy
Options
Discussions
Might add a caveat to your blanket statement. Folks are now sideloading the beta outside of the official beta program. That is not supported and problematic at best.