Family Hub 3.0 Update Removed Photo Screensaver Option

SOLVED
Astronaut

Re: Family Hub 3.0 Update Removed Photo Screensaver Option

I am EXTREMELY ticked off that Samsung removed this feature.

Asteroid

Re: Bring Back Photo Screensaver Function Petition ASAP!!!

If the store demo had had the latest "update" 3 weeks ago I wouldn't have bought the Family Hub version.  The slideshow feature was our favorite part of this refrigerator.  In just 2 weeks we received loads of compliments.  Not gonna even blink when I tell friends and family not to buy one for themselves. 

Constellation

This was the highlight and reason we got the fridge.   Bring it back!

Astronaut

I totally agree. I wish there was a work around to install another screensaver app. This was such a cool feature and now gone. Samsung, I hope you are reading these because at this point people considering buying this product should reconsider. At least give the users the option to set up the slide show option. It really is disappointing. 

Constellation

I really hope this petition takes off and Samsung does the right thing. 

One of the things we enjoyed was uploading new pictures and seeing who would notice. It also made for good dinner discussion or when we are working in the kitchen preparing meals together. Especially when company comes over. Everyone enjoyed it immensely. 

Turning on a slide show is not the same as it just being automatic. That is a poor response on Samsungs part. 

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I want to kick myself  for updating. The ONLY reason we bought this overpriced fridge was for the “fancy extras” in our new home. My nieces & nephews love seeing themselves in pictures playing on the fridge. If I wanted to look at one picture for 2 mins, I’d have bought a frame.  

Constellation

Agree with all.  The only reason I bought this model was for the photo slideshow.  Any refrigerator can keep your food cold.  Everyone loves this feature and we share stories as the photos go by.  That is what makes it a family hub!!   I will be telling everyone who has seen the slide show and wanted this refrigerator not to buy.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator

Hey guys, so I merged this thread with the already official thread on this. Samsung is definitely aware and the request to add it back has already been put in. Keep an eye on this thread about the issue and I will update everyone if I hear anything about the next updates. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

NO your wrong, you can just make it slide will in the screen only !!! FIX this !
Asteroid

[ Edited ]

This fridge we love and now this ? We loved the screen saver for our pics, let alone the ICE MAKER will never work, not sure what’s worse now , the missing photos or no ice ever .. 4K for a fridge and have to put up with all this ****