JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Accidental touch

(Topic created: 04-04-2022 02:10 PM)
useremHwQdvpxK
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I have a ZF3 and the accidental touch does not turn the screen off at all. I put it on my pocket, face down on the table and it will not turn the screen off.

I had this issue with my S10+ a few years ago and tried all the same fixes (turn off double tap to wake and lift to wake). But nothing works. I also tried all the diagnostic tests, including the sensor tests, but I don't believe it tests the proximity sensor. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Take care and be well. 
0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@useremHwQdvpxK There may be a misunderstanding here. The Accidental touch feature is to prevent accidental touches from turning the screen ON. This feature does not turn the screen off. 

useremHwQdvpxK
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
You're absolutely right. Huh. I just tapped the screen while in my pocket and an accidental touch message came up. I would have sworn that my old S10+ turned the screen off when you placed it face downn or in a dark place.
Next you're going to tell me Nelson Mandela is still alive! Thank you kindly LongHiker, appreciate the correction.
0 Likes