Original topic:

Accidentally activated SOS

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Kimber3
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I thought I was turning up the volume while on speaker phone and when I looked down I had alerted SOS 911 by pushing the side button 5 times? Has anyone else done this and or figured out how to disable it? I've been going through my settings and can't figure it out.

0 Likes
4 Replies
userBwl1a9WGum
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Hi. Go into safety and emergency and hit emergency SOS. There you can choose to toggle on "require swipe to call". That will disable automatic calling to 911. If you decide to keep swipe to call disabled, you can then adjust the countdown to a longer period and also turn off the countdown warning sound.
Kimber3
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Thank you!!
0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

The only option that I can find is to require you to swipe the screen also after pressing the side button 5 times 

Phone settings

Safety and Ememrgency 

Emergency SOS 

toggle on Require swipe to call 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
You have to hit the button 5 times in rapid succession. Maybe just hold the volume up button until it reaches the level you want, or add another beat between presses. You can also use the onscreen volume slider to adjust the volume. I have never once accidentally triggered SOS. And, it's not the volume button that triggers it, it's the larger side button, so you must have thought you were pressing volume, but were actually too low down.
0 Likes