Original topic:

Biometrics don't work Z Flip5

(Topic created: 06-07-2024 10:14 AM)
Members_j6vSZwE
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hi everyone! 

Today I started using Z Flip 5. I set up fingerprints and face recognition. None of these work when the phone is folded. Sometimes it says 'the face doesn't match' or 'cover full fingerprint' (or something like this).

It works only when I open the phone. 

I never had any problem with non-folded Samsung phones before.

What should I do? Thank you.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
You registered your fingerprint when the device was open and upright. In this instance of the device being shut, the power button/fingerprint reader is in an abnormal orientation resulting in a failed reading of your fingerprint. If possible, please try to register your fingerprint with the device closed and report back to me.

Have a great day/evening and best of luck!

Matt.
0 Likes
Members_j6vSZwE
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Thank you. 

How can I register my face and fingerprint with the device closed? Once it's closed I have a cover screen that shows only 'always on display'. Is there any way to see the main screen on the cover screen when the device is closed? 

I thought about my fingerprints and face being upside down and I tried to rotate the phone. Still no luck.

0 Likes
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Go to the Samsung Galaxy Store and install Good Lock.

When inside of Good Lock, switch to the "Life Up" tab and scroll down until you find "MultiStar" and Install it.

Inside of MultiStar, click on "I ♡ Galaxy Foldable".

Inside of "I ♡ Galaxy Foldable", click on "Show the app full screen when unfolding" and enable the settings app.

Close your screen and open the settings app from the cover screen and set up your fingerprint like you would normally.
Members_j6vSZwE
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I don't see 'Show the app...' I have:

- Launcher Widget

- Game Widget

- Rotate portrait with our best

- Rotate with our best

- Moved to the 'Advanced features - Labs'. This is what I have inside:

- Multi window for all apps

- Flex mode panel