Original topic:

Do Not Disturb Automatically Activating

(Topic created: Tuesday)
Ike0911
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

WHY did Samsung update the Do Not Disturb to the point that it Automatically Enables when I have a routine that runs on my phone??

It wasn't until THIS LAST UPDATE!!

Please send an update that STOPS THIS!!! (IS there a way to STOP IT FROM HAPPENING)

I have routines set that I do what I want when it comes to ring tones and notifications!!!

I DON'T NEED SOME AI CONTROLLED AI turning on DND on my phone!!!!

22 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@Ike0911 Sorry that this is happening to you. I am using Routines and not seeing that. Can you post a screenshot of a routine which is doing this? 

Ike0911
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I don't think it's the routines themselves that is causing this. 

It started happening After the latest update a few days ago. 

I think I might have found a way to fix it. 

I went into Settings > Notifications > Do Not Disturb and deleted the modes and routines entry that was under DND. 

I'm hoping that will fix the issue. 

Funny thing is I turned DND off yesterday and today it was turned back on. I also restarted my phone earlier today and it was Turned back on, even though I had turned it off. 

Thinking it's some AI garbage doing it. 

We'll see tomorrow if my "Fix" solves the issue

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@Ike0911 I don't see any mention of Modes and routines in the DND settings. Nor any way to add them. Do you mean 'Schedules"? 

Screenshot_20240924_093608_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Ike0911
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Right that's why I believe it was AI Created!!!

I did NOT turn On DND and I did not Add any routines to it as a schedule!!

Like I said this started happening after the last update (over the weekend, I think). 

0 Likes
Ike0911
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Hey @LongHiker 
That's what was weird
It was under "Schedules" and below the "Sleeping DND" option. 
Not sure how it ended up there, I know I Did NOT set it up. 

I did remove it from the schedule and I hope that will stop it. 

Will know in the morning (as it seems to restart every morning) when my "Going to Work" routine runs. 

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
If you use sleep mode, DND is configured into that mode and might be overlapping with your routine if sleep mode is still on when your routine is set to start, but you can reconfigure the DND parameters for sleep mode from within the sleep mode configuration (these changes will not affect normal DND) or just eliminate it from sleep mode (which kind of defeats the purpose of the mode).
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@realaudI'm not seeing that in my tests. I've enabled Sleep mode from my watch and my phone. DND wasn't enabled in either case. 

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
When I go into modes and routines and select sleep mode to edit, in the section that says choosewhat this mide will do, DND is there. If I tap dnd, I can adjust the parameters and they are a different instance than normal DND. I had to change them to match my normal dnd settings, because it wasn't allowing some stuff to get through that I did want, even though I have both modes and dnd synced between phone and watch. That is how I discovered that the dnd in modes is different than straight DND. The original sleep mode version had everything blocked.

1727217036665.jpg1727217036797.jpg
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@realaud Mine doesn't have that automatically set. Screenshot_20240924_174731_Modes and Routines.jpg

0 Likes