Original topic:

Fold 6 Display Colors Washed Out

(Topic created: yesterday)
RenoRich
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Just setup my new Fold 6 and upgrading from the Fold 4. Very disappointed in the color saturation on both screens compared the Fold 4. The colors are washed out and I have both phones set for max vivid. Any one else see the same? Thanks. 

21 Replies
Cutlass516
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Omg yes!!! I know exactly what you're going through. You are not alone. The colors look washed out and I too have maxed out brightness on vivid color. I came from a z fold 4 and the icons on my home screen popped as if each icon had its own backlight. It also feels like I'm viewing the main screen through a matte screen protector if that makes sense.
RenoRich
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Glad to know you see the same! I'm curious now if the Samsung advertised increase in brightness may be causing the washed out color effect. 

Cutlass516
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
On the research I've done, the s24 had this issue with washed-out colors. Samsung's response was the slider to increase the vividness under advanced settings. I'm wondering why the fold 6 was rolled out with this updated vividness slider. My z Fold 4 does not have the slider...obviously cause the colors look amazing. I've noticed the cyan or greenish looking colors look the most washed out when looking at the icons on my home screen. Are you keeping your fold 6?
0 Likes
RenoRich
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Yes, I believe I will keep it to avoid the hassle of return and trying to find another phone. I'm hoping the hinge issue is fixed with this version. My Fold 4 will only open now about 2/3's. And I did not even use the big screen much over 2 years. Not sure what the deal was with that issue but they blame "dust'. 

0 Likes
MrStimpy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Fold 6 has a vividness slider, no effect to washed out colors.
0 Likes
Cutlass516
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Yep I didn't notice too much of a difference when using the slider.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Do this, go to settings, display, screen mode, turn on vivid, advanced settings, use the vividness slider to pick how much you want, there are 3 levels. Make sure eye comfort shield and adaptive color tone are toggled off.
0 Likes
MrStimpy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Does NOT WORK! Even with vivid all the way up, colors are washed compared to old fold.
0 Likes
Cutlass516
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Hello, unfortunately, that did not work for me. I had tried those steps originally. Colors are not as vibrant. I went through every possible display setting, even into accessibility settings.