Original topic:

Fold 6 Display Colors Washed Out

(Topic created: Sunday)
RenoRich
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Just setup my new Fold 6 and upgrading from the Fold 4. Very disappointed in the color saturation on both screens compared the Fold 4. The colors are washed out and I have both phones set for max vivid. Any one else see the same? Thanks. 

RenoRich
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Yes, I have tried all the settings and still washed out colors compared to the Fold 4. Could this be a result of the touted increase in brightness?

userylh6Se9p9n
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

With Eye Comfort, turn off Enhanced Comfort

0 Likes
MrStimpy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Dod NOT work, just changed screen to warm colors. Colors still washed...
0 Likes
RenoRich
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Thanks. Yes, I have tried all the settings. Side by side with the Fold 4 there is a huge difference in the color vibrancy. 

MrStimpy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Got my new fold 6. Getting it set up. Noticed the icon colors are washed out. Blues are nnot as blue as old fold. Reds same. Turned vivid up all the way, no help. Turned off eye comfort, no help. Adjusted white balance, no help. Tries adjusting colors individually, no help. The colors are washed out. Most notable on icons. It feels like I'm looking at a faded screen. Any help welcomed...thanks.
Members_RR5vXPd
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Totally same experience. I just upgraded from a Fold 3. Side by side the colors in the Fold 6 are very washed out /subdued compared to the Fold 3. 

I honestly couldn't believe it at first...

What gives?  Surely this isn't a worse display, I can only hope/imagine it's a software thing.  Also, from what I could tell, the "Vividness" slider under "Screen mode > Advanced settings" seems to have no effect. When dialed all the way to the left there is no noticeable difference to when it's all the way to the right. This gives me some hope that it's a software issue that can be fixed in a future update..

Cutlass516
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Agreed! I'm thinking it's a software issue that can be addressed at a later time. The more I have been on my fold 6 I'm seeing that certain things look better but the washed out colors are urking me a bit. Time will tell when we see an update on this.
MrStimpy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Agreeded!! Software is the answer. Pictures :camera_with_flash: look great, so the screen is capable!! You think instead of UI update from 6.1 to 6.1.1.1.1.1 ect on a new almost $2000 phone, would warrant a UI 7 upgrade...
MrStimpy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Agreeded!!! Vividness scale does nothing.
0 Likes
Manoj_indupalli
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Same experience and had a devastating feeling regarding Fold 6 purchase.

- The colors seem washed out.

- No accuracy in colors and also the overall screen got a greyish tint.

** Checked all the settings including vividness, color enhancements, etc., But nothing helped.

Need a quick fix, so that we can plan for a return or something without extra delay