Original topic:

Issue with App Switching quickly using Alt+Tab on Samsung Dex

(Topic created: a month ago)
Jaehyun
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Hello Samsung Community,

I've been experiencing an issue with Samsung Dex where the app switching function doesn't seem to render correctly. Specifically, when I use Alt+Tab to switch between applications quickly, the visual display does not update to show the newly focused app. The previous app remains visible on the screen, although the keyboard focus shifts to the new app as intended.

This creates a confusing user experience, as the displayed app does not match the app that is actively receiving input.

This issue does not happen if I keep pressing Alt+Tab for a second before I release the key.

Here are the details:

• Device Model: Galaxy Z Fold 5
  • Software Version: Latest. One UI 6.1, Android version 14
  • Dex Mode: I'm using a USB-C monitor and the monitor acts as a hub to keyboard, mouse and the phone.

Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Open multiple applications in Dex mode. Make sure their windows overlap each other.
2. Use the Alt+Tab shortcut quickly to switch between applications.
3. Notice that the display does not update the visual focus to the new application even though the keyboard input switches.

I've tried updating the software and adjusting performance settings, but the issue persists. Is anyone else experiencing this? Any tips on how to fix it or workarounds would be greatly appreciated. Also, if there are any updates or patches in the works, it would be great to know.

Thank you!
2 Replies
Jaehyun
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
By the way, I use Good Lock MultiStar and I enabled "Run many apps at same time". Let me disable it.
0 Likes
Jaehyun
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
And.. that still didn't work.
0 Likes