Original topic:

Keep screen on during calls to use another app

(Topic created: a month ago)
meowmeow101
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

does anyone know how to keep my phone on even when I'm on a call and I put my finger near the camera like I'm trying to play games on the phone but my screen turns black when my hand gets neat the camera 😭

how do I turn that thing off
(I have a Samsung flip 4)
4 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

It goes off when your finger is near the camera, because the camera is the proximity sensor and it thinks the phone is by your ear.  There is no setting to keep the screen on because the phone in use is a battery sucker and having the screen on makes it more so.  If you want to keep the screen on, you will have to do something like play an actual game, or surf the web, or just tap the screen when it starts to go dim.  Absent having to go through an automated call menu on an outgoing call and needing the dial pad, why on earth would you need the screen on while you are on the phone anyway?

0 Likes
meowmeow101
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
to call while on the game 😖
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
If you are actually playing a game while on a call, then the screen should stay on.
0 Likes
Jaehyun
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Does that still happen when you're on an earphone, Bluetooth, or speaker phone? That's usually the case when I'm doing something else on the call, so I didn't have any issues.
0 Likes