JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Start second screen

(Topic created: 09-10-2023 02:27 AM)
Lucratez
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

It's a fantastic function to have integrated into the phone, to be able to use it as a second monitor for my pc. I do though find it frustrating that it is locked away and hidden that well behind walls, especially when it works so well. 

if there is interest in trying this function, the rout to get there is a bit long. 

first is opening smart view. press on the three dots in the top right corner and go under settings. 

then under "About smart view" spam the version nr. for a bit until it asks for passwords "enter password "#00rtsp00" and activate the "start second screen" 

then for my experience I have to go in under the "start second screen" after it has bin activated, and the stay in there (no going out or turning screen off) 

then while on the same wifi on my pc I then press "win+k" and can then select my phone as a second screen for my pc. 

...I love that i can do that but i think it should be easily available for everybody to use. 

4 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
It's really unfortunate that this is the locked to Samsung only hardware. As far as I know there's no special hardware enabling it, they just want to keep it as an ecosystem thing.
user2s7KxSOdUj
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
This feature seems to have been removed after most recent update. Tapping Smart View while in the about screen, nolonger prompts for Developer mode. The developer mode seems to be missing now.
Sameh Ali
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Yes , it seems that it was missing now after the last update , I need to return it back but I don't know how to do this 

Solution
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Second Screen is still a Quick Panel button on Tablets updated to 5.1.1.

To me it is understandable if it is not an option on a phone because of the small screen.. even for the Fold. 

Provide Feedback using Samsung Members App requesting this feature on the Fold if that is your desire. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes