Original topic:

fold 5 :identify background song

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
LUNARHOUND
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I used to be able to have a song playing in the background near the phone and pop up a display showing the name of the song...cant seem to find that setting....any help???

is it not available on the fold 5? 
8 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I've never had that on a phone other than with a app call Shazam
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shazam.android

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
It is on Pixel phones, for it to work on a Samsung Phone, activate Google assistant and ask what's playing
0 Likes
userZNnTdcqwZP
Supernova
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I guess you used Pixel before switching to Z Fold5 because I think you are talking about "Now playing" feature on Pixel that can automatically identify songs in background. However, this feature is not available on samsung galaxy smartphones.
LUNARHOUND
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
exactly my situ..
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@LUNARHOUND I don't know of anything that does it automatically. If you have the Google search bar on your phone, you can click the Microphone icon on the search bar, and then click Search a song at the bottom of the screen. 

0 Likes
LUNARHOUND
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

thanks all...

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

You should find Shazam & auto Shazam in the quick panel if the app is installed (you can search the app drawer for it).  If it's not there natively, just go to the Play store and download Shazam. It's hard to find an app on the phone when you don't know the name of it.

0 Likes
user6jOlv2KnOi
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
New update broke your phone
0 Likes