JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

2018 IconX will not connect?

(Topic created on: 1/13/18 4:05 AM)
userveEVoVB2mI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I just got a pair of the IconX headphones and they paired succesfully when I first opened them.  I was switching the main earbud from right to the left and the Gear Manger App shut down unexpectedly.  Ever since I have not been able to connect by earbuds to each other nor the phone.  The Gear Manager wont pick them up, the bluetooth wont pick them up.  I cant reset them via the app becuase they arent found.  I've reset them manually several times.  I've followed the troubleshooting steps on the website but still no connection.  All I get when I first put them in my ear and press to see if I can manually put them in pairing mode (even though I know thats not how its done) is to please insert the main earbud to access this feature.  The same thing happens to both earbuds, which leads me to believe that at this point neither is the main earbud and therefore unable to connect to any device.  If anyone knows how to set these earbuds into pairing mode that would be great...besides keeping them in your ear or putting them back in the case as the website mentions.  Sorry for the long message but I tried to put as much info as possible.  Thanks in advance.  ( Looking to maybe replace these with the Powerbeats3 :( although I love all my Samsung gadgets!)

useraXmo90Ijsb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Sir i am also facing the same problem since the veey begining i opended it up...

Hv u got any solution so plz let me know????

0 Likes
userQsLvpSmTT1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I can connect my Icon X to each other and I have hooked them up to my computer and updated tehm, but though I have tried everything on this page they still won't conecct to my phone again.  They worked great for two days.

0 Likes
uservQnoe1m8l0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Typical Samsung ... great hardware, big bug, no help.

0 Likes
userguyXY2rvDb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I had the same problem, was playing around with it for hours without success. And then my brother showed me that on the case of the earbuds on the backside there is a bluetooth button. Push it and the pairing will work like a dream on any device, pc, mobile phone, etc.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
usermHY6VCdsYk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

where is the bluetooth button 

0 Likes
userylJ1sgB6R9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

this is the fix for this problem as I had the same issue with mine and didnt use them for about a year because I figured there was no way of fixing it. 

Make sure theyre charged fully, plug them in to a pc with the usb cord, once plugged in your pc will bring the files up on  your desktop, on its files look for the gear manager and install it to your pc, once installed open the program and it will update them for you, if it doesnt update them automatically there should be an option to update on the gear manager program, do that and you will be ready to go.

0 Likes
userPblJ5YkSLG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Have the old 2016 iconx....they will not pair to each other! Heck the phone app shows them both green when I take one out of my ear   why? How? Aren't they only suppose to pair when in your ears? Ugh I'm at a loss, idk what to do I have tried all your guys trouble shooting but it just won't pair! Also I can play music on each one separately but not together   what is happening?!? So frustrated!

0 Likes
userfHk19ZnTxr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Did that still doesnt work

@userylJ1sgB6R9 wrote:

this is the fix for this problem as I had the same issue with mine and didnt use them for about a year because I figured there was no way of fixing it. 

Make sure theyre charged fully, plug them in to a pc with the usb cord, once plugged in your pc will bring the files up on  your desktop, on its files look for the gear manager and install it to your pc, once installed open the program and it will update them for you, if it doesnt update them automatically there should be an option to update on the gear manager program, do that and you will be ready to go.

0 Likes
userStiUTvdd4n
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

On the charging box hold the Bluetooth bottom that's on the back and hold it for a few seconds the dots should turn red, blue, green, and all other sorts of colors and check the gear manager app it should work. It worked for me..

0 Likes
userhIAgJveDGN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

ON THE  ICONX CASE THERE IS A BLUETOOTH  ICON AND  NEXT TO IT IS A SMALL "BUTTON' . KEEP PRESSING AND A LIGHT CHANGES FROM GREEN TO BLUE TO RED.YOUR EARBUDS WILL CONNECT WITHIN A FEW SECONDS. WHOEVER WROTE THE ICONX MANUAL DOES NOT LIKE SAMSUNG AS THIS VERY IMPORTAN BT INSTRUCTION IS OMITTED FROM THE MANUAL., AND THE BLUETOOTH ICON WAS ALSO NOT INCLUDED ON ANY DIAGRAMS. 

0 Likes