cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

4.5 Months After Purchase Left Galaxy Bud Died

Hello,

I purchased the Galaxy Buds model SM-R170 on January 20, 2020, and a few days ago my left bud suddenly stopped working. When I put it in the charging chase the inside light shows red so it must register, and the outside case shows green after a long charge. However, when I place it in my ear it doesn't make any sound, and cannot be picked up by Bluetooth. The right earbud charges and performs fine, so I feel like the case isn't the problem. 

They haven't been dropped or near water, so I don't understand why it would suddenly die. I've tried looking it up but it doesn't seem there are many solutions, and now $150 is wasted... Quite disappointed. 

How can this be fixed? Thanks in advance for any tips. 

Sorry if I'm not registering this convo under the right tags, I'm new to this board.

(Also, I notice my Galaxy Buds sound like they short circuit when the train platform's electric alarms ring when the doors close.. perhaps interference with Bluetooth signals. But that's a less important point at the moment..) 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: 4.5 Months After Purchase Left Galaxy Bud Died

Same exact issue with the right bud. Have spent hours on hold with Samsung chat till they closed and never responded. Customer service had been deplorable. Have troubleshooter and still no resolution. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: 4.5 Months After Purchase Left Galaxy Bud Died

Hi there, Have you tried resetting your buds? you can do so following these steps.

First, navigate to and open the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone.

For the Galaxy Buds or Buds+, tap About earbuds. Tap Reset earbuds, and then tap Reset to confirm.

Another good thing to always check is to make sure the connections are free of debris or anything that would hinder the contacts from touching properly. You can use the following link for some good maintenance/ cleaning steps.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/sm-r170-galaxy-buds-clean-the-earbuds/

If after performing this and your symptoms still persist, send me a private message with your model code and serial number so I can assist you further.