Original topic:

Ambient Sound Volume Levels Reduced?

(Topic created: 10-21-2021 11:41 PM)
userepLZZKakrC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

This is the 2nd pair of Galaxy Buds Pro I've had. The first pair were returned faulty as ambient sound volumes had been decreased!

I'm 'hard of hearing' and the ambient sound feature set to extra high was of huge benefit to me. It now seems that my first pair of buds weren't faulty but a recent update dramatically reduced the levels of the ambient sound. Amazon did take them back as faulty, refunded me and I immediately purchased a replacement. Regrettably the new buds are the same as those returned faulty 😞

I really do need the original louder levels of ambient sound and I'm sure many others suffering hearing loss would like the same.

5 Replies
MochaVex
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Buds
You can go into the galaxy wearable app and navigate:

Earbuds Settings > Accessibility > Customize Ambient Sound

Crank those up. They seem to have removed the maximize ambient sound option (at least for me)Screenshot_20211022-005552_Galaxy Buds Pro.png
userepLZZKakrC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thanks for the reply 🙂

I do have a hearing impairment and the ambient sound feature was a Godsend for me.

I checked everywhere within the software including Earbuds Settings > Accessibility > Customize Ambient Sound 

Ambient sound at its maximum used to bring my buds 'alive' for me, now I can hardly detect any difference, even when I switch ambient on/off 😞

I'm quite sure this occurred following a software update.

I hope the previous ambient sound settings that I once enjoyed can be restored in some future update.

SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Buds

I can see how this issue can be frustrating. I would recommend that you try resetting your galaxy buds through the wearables app. 

userepLZZKakrC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried resetting the buds through the Wearable app but with no success 😞 It's quite obvious there were some significant changes to Ambient Sound following a recent update.

As I have a hearing impairment the Ambient Sound was an excellent solution, so much so that I recommended the Buds Pro on a few of the 'hearing' forums I use.

I guess all I can hope for is that a future update makes a change back to how they were.

0 Likes
damitcyzz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Nice