Having same issue, can't figure it out. Samsung tech hasn't offered any solutions other than to try and go to settings and reset your buttons. I was not able to reset the buttons either, however.
Hi, I am sorry you are having these difficulties with Ambient Sound. Have you tried wiping the cache from your device's cache partition? The steps are:
Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.
- Ensure the device is powered off.
If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the upper-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the upper-left edge) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
- While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until "RECOVERY BOOTING" appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
- Select wipe cache partition.
Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
- Select reboot system now.
Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.
Additionally, try to operate the device in Safe Mode to see if a third-party application may be to blame. The guide to Safe Mode is here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/
Please inform me if this helps.