JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to activate Ambient Mode for one earbud

(Topic created: 10-18-2021 12:00 PM)
scubasteve716
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Ok, maybe a little dramatic.  BUT, I love wearing these at work to drown out the screams of my victims... or to not listen to my boss...  but I still need to be able to hear if the fuzz is coming.  I used to be able to activate "ambient mode" with one ear bud, now... now I have to spin around like a radar dish every so often just to make sure.  Not cool Samsung.  Not cool.  Please fix this so my next victim isn't left unattended and I can focus my full attention on them.  It's just rude...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello, thank you for reaching out. I understand how important the ambient sound feature is, especially with one earbud. The option is still there, you just have to enable it manually. In the Wearables app: go to Earbud Settings>Accessibility>Noise Controls with one earbud.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

4 Replies
i_heart_catz_247
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
I 100% agree 👍
a-guppy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
Ya I hated that . I liked being able to have one ear bud in and then it go silent when I talked with only wearing one. Now you have to were two.
RicoOfTaymyr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
I posted about this a few days ago. I thought I was going crazy about the 2 bud requirement for ambient mode
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello, thank you for reaching out. I understand how important the ambient sound feature is, especially with one earbud. The option is still there, you just have to enable it manually. In the Wearables app: go to Earbud Settings>Accessibility>Noise Controls with one earbud.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.