JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ambient sound do not work properly after the new update

(Topic created: 09-30-2021 08:25 AM)
userUZGAayeKhP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I did the new update today and the ambient sound stop to work with one ear bud. Before the update I always use one ear bud with the ambient sound. I read before the update that it was going to improve the ambient sound in the calls and that do not work neither. Now to activate the ambient sound you have to wear both ear buds like the noise cancelling. I do not understand if on the  phone says if you want to activate you have to wear one at least, why is not working? I think you have to fix this issue. With this update I feel defrauded and if I had known that this was going to happen I would never have done it. 

- Galaxy Buds Pro

18 Replies
zombienator89
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
Tha k you
0 Likes
BooneDavey
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
With the recent software update, I can no longer turn on Ambient Sound with only 1 earbud in. It used to let me. Now it gives a message saying "put in both earbuds to enable ambient sound." 
When trying to turn on Ambient Sound with only 1 earbud in.

I used to be able to with my first pair ever, then I wasn't with the next upgrade I bought. Now with the Galaxy Buds Pro (the 3rd iteration of Galaxy Buds that I've bought) I was able to do this until the last update. Why take this away?? 
I sometimes need music in just 1 ear while at work so to hear somebody if they need to talk to me but it feels & sounds immensely better for me to have ambient sound coming through the one ear as well. Otherwise my hearing/equilibrium is kind of thrown off. 

Aside from that point about me... it got me thinking. What about people that only have one ear, people that have 1 misshaped ear & can only use one ear bud anyway, people that are deaf in one ear...etc?? To me it makes literally no sense to take this feature away and make it work exclusively with both earbuds in. In fact, it seems like a huge mistake & oversight of the wants/needs of the users. 

Solution
AlanS1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

I'm a new BudsPro owner and this was my only complaint... Just today I was delighted to find that you can manually enable the feature. Earbud settings/Accessibility/Noise control with one earbud  ... Now they're perfect!

View solution in context

BooneDavey
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
Bless you for commenting this! I don't know why there wouldn't be a message given to users about a change like this. I feel like it's kind of crazy to make us have to go ask or searched around to see if they made it a setting, or where the setting is, when it used to just be a standard option out of the box.
0 Likes
useraLe1A4GY4J
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
I'm unable to find this setting, any chance we can get screenshots of the steps?

Thanks
BooneDavey
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
Absolutely! Here you go!

(Note: you do have to have the earbuds in/connected to your device to have the "Earbuds Settings" button light up. Otherwise it'll be unclickable.)

Edit: for some reason it WILL NOT keep the photos in the correct order. Though it goes *Earbuds Settings>Accessibility>Noise control with one earbud*Screenshot Galaxy Buds Pro #3_8166.jpgScreenshot Galaxy Buds Pro #1_8162.jpgScreenshot Galaxy Buds Pro #2_8164.jpg
0 Likes
useraLe1A4GY4J
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
Thanks. Here's what my options are, less than yours. Kinda strange Screenshot_20211001-173439_Galaxy Buds Pro_7619.jpg
0 Likes
BooneDavey
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
Interesting. I would check for an update for both the Galaxy Wearable app as well as for the Buds themselves. That's what mine looked like before I got the most recent update or two.
0 Likes
useraLe1A4GY4J
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds
Thanks for the help, no update available yet. Hopefully soon
0 Likes