JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Ambient sound grayed out for Galaxy Buds

(Topic created: 04-27-2020 01:10 PM)
Ricky75
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

After the latest of the galaxy buds, I was expecting to use the ambient sound mode but it's grayed out and I am unable to turn in on.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userMXHZ4oiZY0
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Had this problem too, I was able to solve it by updating the Galaxy Buds Plugin.

You can find it by going to the menu in the top left > About Galaxy Wearable > Galaxy Buds Plugin > "Check"

View solution in context

18 Replies
JP_CO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

Yup. Same here. Just updated to R170XXU0ATD2 and Ambient sound is grayed out. And yes, have both earbuds in. Resetting earbuds doesn't help either.

Ricky75
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

So I am not alone. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong.

userAEXAJiOIuT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have the same issue after the latest update. 

JonJon313
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Having the same issue.  We really need resolution. I cleared cache partition,  reset buds, nothing worked  

@Ricky75 wrote:

@Ricky75 wrote:

After the latest of the galaxy buds, I was expecting to use the ambient sound mode but it's grayed out and I am unable to turn in on.

0 Likes
userEYbfAjAItj
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Same problem as well, ambient mode grayed out even when both buds are in ears.

0 Likes
KingOfRamen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

Me too. I just updated it to the latest software R170XXU0ATD2 and ambient sound turn gray. Try reset also the same. I think what can we do now is to wait for their another fix of updated.

0 Likes
Samsung_nKYWuZs
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have the same issue. 

@KingOfRamen wrote:

Me too. I just updated it to the latest software R170XXU0ATD2 and ambient sound turn gray. Try reset also the same. I think what can we do now is to wait for their another fix of updated.

0 Likes
useri0H1Siy65L
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Same issue here. Not only am I experiencing that but my Warburg randomly disconnect and my left ear bud does not respond to taps

0 Likes
JP_CO
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

Looks like an update to the Gear Wearable app was pushed, which fixes this issue. Just updated and confirmed Ambient sound is now working.

Galaxy Wearable version 2.2.30.20031361

Galaxy Buds Plugin version 1.4.20042451

0 Likes